Thunderbird Email Account Recovery

Brands Connection
Hi,

I had the emails set up in Thunderbird (and with several folders created), but the computer disk broke down and I lost the information.
I would like to know if configuring Thunderbird and my email accounts on the new computer, if everything stays as it was (with the folders I had created and everything).

Thanks,
Tiago Alvarez

Re: Thunderbird Email Account Recovery

Jörg Knobloch
On 28/11/2018 12:43, Brands Connection wrote:
> I had the emails set up in Thunderbird (and with several folders created), but the computer disk broke down and I lost the information.
> I would like to know if configuring Thunderbird and my email accounts on the new computer, if everything stays as it was (with the folders I had created and everything).

You've come to the wrong place, this is a mailing list for Thunderbird
development, not Thunderbird support.

The answer depends on the accounts you had: IMAP accounts store all the
information on the IMAP server. Typically the e-mail provider, like
Gmail, also offers a web interface to access your mail.

POP accounts store all the information on the local drive. Is that is
lost, all is lost :-(

Other configuration, like account setup, signatures, filters, add-ons,
etc. is also stored locally, so that will be lost, too.

Jörg.

P.S.: No backup, no pity :-( - That's a T-shirt the rude Germans have.
"Kein Backup, kein Mitleid".