Thunderbird Demo Extension

asbuch
Hello,

I have spent a couple of hours searching the web for a very simple Thunderbird extension that is ready to download and install, and small enough to understand and play with.  There doesn't seem to be anything like this right now?

For example, on this site

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Thunderbird/Thunderbird_extensions/Demo_Addon

the key Download link is fashionably crossed out!

Anywhere to go?

Anders

Re: Thunderbird Demo Extension

Jörg Knobloch
On 02/03/2018 19:20, [hidden email] wrote:
> Anywhere to go?

You an just download any extension from AMO and open it in Zip/7zip. All
the content are readable text files.

Best to download a restartless extension, since non-restartless ones are
being phased out slowly. Try

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/element-inspector/ (not
working any more but good to study) or

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/dictionary-for-recipient/

Those are the restartless ones that come to my mind.

Jörg.

Re: Thunderbird Demo Extension

asbuch
Thanks, this is very helpful!  In fact, that dictionary-for-recipient addon is actually very useful to me as it is!

I was trying to solve another problem, though, I want to tell Thunderbird to never send email to certain addresses (my own which I keep sending messages to by mistake when I use reply-all and forget to delete myself -- I didn't have any luck solving this identities).

Thanks again!
Anders

Re: Thunderbird Demo Extension

Onno Ekker-2
There used to be an add-on called NotTo that did thus, but I’m not sure if it’s still around…

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Thunderbird Demo Extension

asbuch
Sounds like what I'm hoping for!

Re: Thunderbird Demo Extension

musiquegraeme
On Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 4:22:19 PM UTC, Anders Skovsted Buch wrote:
> Sounds like what I'm hoping for!

My own, very simple addon is written to stop people sending messages to certain domains. I imagine it would be very easy to adjust to stop sending messages to certain addresses.
It's called SingleDomain.. and you're welcome to look at it. I adjusted it a long time ago from Check Domain and recently upgraded it to restartless.
Blessings