Thunderbird: Browser Scroll Margins

RAV-2
I wish that Thunderbird had a preference like /Free Agent/ does, which
they call /Browser Scroll Margins/.  (Note that their use of the word
Browser doesn't mean like in a web browser.  Free Agent is a newsreader,
and I am referring to Thunderbird newsreader here).  Their definition of
the preference is "the number of rows you want to remain visible above
or below the highlighted row when scrolling up or down in the Message
List pane."  In Free Agent, I had this set to 2 or 3.  The practical
effect of this is that you can always see a few message headers above
and below ("surrounding") the one that is currently highlighted.
Especially when reading one message after another (via the N key), you
can always visually see if there are more messages to come in the same
thread.  As it is now, the "next" header line is hidden (it hasn't yet
scrolled into view).  I wouldn't think this would be difficult to
implement, and it would Thunderbird easier to use.  Thanks.  p

Re: Thunderbird: Browser Scroll Margins

Hamburger1984 (Bugzilla)
RAV schrieb:

> I wish that Thunderbird had a preference like /Free Agent/ does, which
> they call /Browser Scroll Margins/.  (Note that their use of the word
> Browser doesn't mean like in a web browser.  Free Agent is a newsreader,
> and I am referring to Thunderbird newsreader here).  Their definition of
> the preference is "the number of rows you want to remain visible above
> or below the highlighted row when scrolling up or down in the Message
> List pane."  In Free Agent, I had this set to 2 or 3.  The practical
> effect of this is that you can always see a few message headers above
> and below ("surrounding") the one that is currently highlighted.
> Especially when reading one message after another (via the N key), you
> can always visually see if there are more messages to come in the same
> thread.  As it is now, the "next" header line is hidden (it hasn't yet
> scrolled into view).  I wouldn't think this would be difficult to
> implement, and it would Thunderbird easier to use.  Thanks.  p

(bump)

I like the idea of this feature and would appreciate it very much, if it
would be added (maybe directly in Thunderbird - maybe in an extension
(if that's possible..) )

Andreas

Re: Thunderbird: Browser Scroll Margins

The Real Bev
Andreas Krohn wrote:

> RAV schrieb:
>> I wish that Thunderbird had a preference like /Free Agent/ does, which
>> they call /Browser Scroll Margins/.  (Note that their use of the word
>> Browser doesn't mean like in a web browser.  Free Agent is a newsreader,
>> and I am referring to Thunderbird newsreader here).  Their definition of
>> the preference is "the number of rows you want to remain visible above
>> or below the highlighted row when scrolling up or down in the Message
>> List pane."  In Free Agent, I had this set to 2 or 3.  The practical
>> effect of this is that you can always see a few message headers above
>> and below ("surrounding") the one that is currently highlighted.
>> Especially when reading one message after another (via the N key), you
>> can always visually see if there are more messages to come in the same
>> thread.  As it is now, the "next" header line is hidden (it hasn't yet
>> scrolled into view).  I wouldn't think this would be difficult to
>> implement, and it would Thunderbird easier to use.  Thanks.  p
>
> (bump)
>
> I like the idea of this feature and would appreciate it very much, if it
> would be added (maybe directly in Thunderbird - maybe in an extension
> (if that's possible..) )

Me three!  Danke, RAV!

"I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces
  and join their hellish crusade."        -- Clarice