Thunderbird 38.8.0b7

Dave Yeo-3

Re: Thunderbird 38.8.0b7

Gabriele Gamba
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 03:14:07 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr31/downloads/thunderbird-38.8.0b7.en-US.os2.zip
> Dave

Thank you David! I have problem with Lightning with this version - as
I had with 38.6 - but if I remember well there are known problems with
the integrated Lightning, isn'it?

--
Ciao
Gabriele

Re: Thunderbird 38.8.0b7

Dave Yeo-3
Gabriele Gamba wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 03:14:07 UTC, Dave Yeo<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> >https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr31/downloads/thunderbird-38.8.0b7.en-US.os2.zip
>> >Dave
> Thank you David! I have problem with Lightning with this version - as
> I had with 38.6 - but if I remember well there are known problems with
> the integrated Lightning, isn'it?

Yes, something is broken and has got more broken with each update.
Unluckily I can't see what, as not much changed in the Lightning sources
and it is just as broken using the XPI that is built at the same time as TB.
SeaMonkey has the same issues except even the first builds of 38ESR were
broken.
I guess I need to spend some time reviewing Mozilla's Bugzilla, not sure
what else I should do to debug though perhaps a debug build of TB might
shed some light on things.

Dave

Re: Thunderbird 38.8.0b7

Dave Yeo-3
Gabriele Gamba wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 03:14:07 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr31/downloads/thunderbird-38.8.0b7.en-US.os2.zip
>> Dave
>
> Thank you David! I have problem with Lightning with this version - as
> I had with 38.6 - but if I remember well there are known problems with
> the integrated Lightning, isn'it?

Seems that it is actually timezones that is broken. Quick work around,
with TB closed, copy zones.json from from lightning,
extensions\{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}\timezones\zones.json
here, to extensions\[hidden email]\timezones\zones.json.
Please test, I'll try to figure out why timezones is broken and upload
an updated calendar-timezones.
Likely SM has the same problem
Dave

Re: Thunderbird 38.8.0b7

Dave Yeo-3
On 07/18/16 10:45 AM, Dave Yeo wrote:

> Gabriele Gamba wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 03:14:07 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr31/downloads/thunderbird-38.8.0b7.en-US.os2.zip
>>>
>>> Dave
>>
>> Thank you David! I have problem with Lightning with this version - as
>> I had with 38.6 - but if I remember well there are known problems with
>> the integrated Lightning, isn'it?
>>

> Seems that it is actually timezones that is broken. Quick work around,
> with TB closed, copy zones.json from from lightning,
> extensions\{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}\timezones\zones.json
> here, to extensions\[hidden email]\timezones\zones.json.
> Please test, I'll try to figure out why timezones is broken and upload
> an updated calendar-timezones.
> Likely SM has the same problem

Ok, I've uploaded a fixed
https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr31/downloads/calendar-timezones-2.2016c.xpi
seems it used a symlink to my build directoryies zones.json. Also
uploaded gdataprovider and currently (trying to) uploading the lightning
from TB.
I updated SM with the XPI's here and it seems to work though initially
the text was too small but going a day into the future and back again
fixed that. The scroll bar still looks too thin but in brief test it
seems to work.
Dave

Re: Thunderbird 38.8.0b7

Dave Yeo-3
Dave Yeo wrote:

> On 07/18/16 10:45 AM, Dave Yeo wrote:
>> Gabriele Gamba wrote:

>>> Thank you David! I have problem with Lightning with this version - as
>>> I had with 38.6 - but if I remember well there are known problems with
>>> the integrated Lightning, isn'it?
>>>

>> Seems that it is actually timezones that is broken. Quick work around,
>> with TB closed, copy zones.json from from lightning,
>> extensions\{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}\timezones\zones.json
>> here, to extensions\[hidden email]\timezones\zones.json.
>> Please test, I'll try to figure out why timezones is broken and upload
>> an updated calendar-timezones.
>> Likely SM has the same problem
>
> Ok, I've uploaded a fixed
> https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr31/downloads/calendar-timezones-2.2016c.xpi
> seems it used a symlink to my build directoryies zones.json. Also
> uploaded gdataprovider and currently (trying to) uploading the lightning
> from TB.
> I updated SM with the XPI's here and it seems to work though initially
> the text was too small but going a day into the future and back again
> fixed that. The scroll bar still looks too thin but in brief test it
> seems to work.
> Dave

Note that if you want to run TB and SM together, without RUN!, make sure
that you remove the SM Lightning and then use the XPI I uploaded.
If you want to run FF and TB and/or SM together, it'll only work without
Lightning or by starting TB/SM before FF.
We don't seem to get sys2070's anymore, rather a trp in mozallc_abort
Dave
ps I also seem to have missed packaging the xul.xqs files for both TB
and SM, I'll try to upload them later

Re: Thunderbird 38.8.0b7

Gabriele Gamba
On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 21:56:16 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 07/18/16 10:45 AM, Dave Yeo wrote:
> > Gabriele Gamba wrote:

> >> Thank you David! I have problem with Lightning with this version - as
> >> I had with 38.6 - but if I remember well there are known problems with
> >> the integrated Lightning, isn'it?
> >>

> > Seems that it is actually timezones that is broken.

> Ok, I've uploaded a fixed
> https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr31/downloads/calendar-timezones-2.2016c.xpi
> seems it used a symlink to my build directoryies zones.json. Also
> uploaded gdataprovider and currently (trying to) uploading the lightning
> from TB.
> I updated SM with the XPI's here and it seems to work though initially
> the text was too small but going a day into the future and back again
> fixed that.

Hi Dave,

yes, it works fine here!

Thanks a lot