Thunderbird 3.1 string freeze has been postponed

Thunderbird 3.1 string freeze has been postponed

Simon Paquet-2
Hi guys,

the string freeze for Thunderbird 3.1, which was originally planned for
yesterday[*], has been postponed for a few days. I can't say for how
many right now, but I will post here as soon as I learn more.

We're still waiting for a few important fixes, mainly the migration
assistant and a new quick search. We'll need to solicit feedback on
those patches before we can move further towards the Lanikai 3.1 beta2
release (Lanikai is the codename for the Thunderbird 3.1 series).

Cya
Simon

* https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Thunderbird3.1#Schedule

--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localization (L10n) Coordinator
Thunderbird l10n blog:       http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com

Re: Thunderbird 3.1 string freeze has been postponed

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez
Simon Paquet escribió:

> Hi guys,
>
> the string freeze for Thunderbird 3.1, which was originally planned for
> yesterday[*], has been postponed for a few days. I can't say for how
> many right now, but I will post here as soon as I learn more.
>
> We're still waiting for a few important fixes, mainly the migration
> assistant and a new quick search. We'll need to solicit feedback on
> those patches before we can move further towards the Lanikai 3.1 beta2
> release (Lanikai is the codename for the Thunderbird 3.1 series).

I've noticed some semantic changes without entity renaming. For instance:

http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/diff/895928822eb3/mail/locales/en-US/chrome/messenger/imapMsgs.properties

(key 5102)

Other changes involve key 5109 in imapMsgs.properties, key 4030 in
localMsgs.properties, and keys 12579, 12580 and 12581 in
composeMsgs.properties.

While it is not a problem to me (since MozillaTranslator catches those
changes), I guess most other L10n tools will be happier if the
entities get renamed. Still, I'd like to know if the keys will be
renamed somehow or kept as they are, since I'd like to avoid
duplicating the work. BTW, this issue is replicated also in SeaMonkey
mail component.

TIA

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez wrote on 26. Mar 2010:

> I've noticed some semantic changes without entity renaming.

Thanks for noticing and making me aware of it.. I just filed
bug 555164 for this.

> While it is not a problem to me (since MozillaTranslator catches those
> changes), I guess most other L10n tools will be happier if the
> entities get renamed. Still, I'd like to know if the keys will be
> renamed somehow or kept as they are, since I'd like to avoid
> duplicating the work.

The keys will be renamed.

Cya
Simon

--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localisation (L10n) Coordinator
Thunderbird l10n blog:       http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com
Calendar developer blog:     http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/calendar

Re: Thunderbird 3.1 string freeze has been postponed

Robert Kaiser
Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez wrote:
> I've noticed some semantic changes without entity renaming.

In some cases that's not that easy to do, but I guess most places you
mentioned can do it.

Robert Kaiser