Thunderbird 2.0 release schedule compared to fx?

Thunderbird 2.0 release schedule compared to fx?

Axel Hecht
Hi,

I was wondering, do we (or mscott) have any idea yet on the release
schedule of tb2 in relation to fx2?

Axel

Re: Thunderbird 2.0 release schedule compared to fx?

Scott MacGregor
Axel Hecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering, do we (or mscott) have any idea yet on the release
> schedule of tb2 in relation to fx2?
>
> Axel

Hi Axel,

You can find release details on the Thunderbird project roadmap:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/roadmap.html

Based on the past, we'll probably lag the Firefox 2 release by about a month or so to avoid releasing both products at the same time (resource constraints).

Cheers,

-Scott

Re: Thunderbird 2.0 release schedule compared to fx?

Otto Wyss
Scott MacGregor wrote:

> You can find release details on the Thunderbird project roadmap:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/roadmap.html

Maybe someone should read my message "Folder view" in this group and
update the wiki accordingly. Besides where should I mention other (IMO
necessary) improvement for Thunderbird?

O. Wyss
--
Application guidelines: http://wyoguide.sf.net/

Re: Thunderbird 2.0 release schedule compared to fx?

Michael Lefevre
["Followup-To:" header set to mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird.]

On 2006-03-28, Otto Wyss <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Scott MacGregor wrote:
>>
>> You can find release details on the Thunderbird project roadmap:
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/roadmap.html
>>
> Maybe someone should read my message "Folder view" in this group and
> update the wiki accordingly. Besides where should I mention other (IMO
> necessary) improvement for Thunderbird?

I'm sure lots of people read your message, but just because you made a
suggestion doesn't mean the roadmap is going to change. You can add your
suggestion to the discussion page on the wiki
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Talk:Thunderbird:2.0_Product_Planning

The Thunderbird web forums on MozillaZine are another place you can
mention your ideas for improvements.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php?c=8

--
Michael