Thunderbird 1.5 Release schedule

Re: Thunderbird 1.5 Release schedule

Axel Hecht
Piotr Komoda wrote:

> Axel, I will change this, because I have no other option. Happily only
> little percent of our users click on throbber, so this won't affect us
> much, but this doesn't change the way I see it. For me it doesn't make
> any sense that I must direct throbber link to mozilla-world page,
> because it's Mozilla affiliate product page, while other links to
> content, that should be on product page, will be redirected to, as you
> named it, "localization project page" (for most of Thunderbird users in
> Poland Thunderbird.pl is the product page).
>
> Just don't take offense and please try to understand. Try to look at it
> as I see it.

It seems like you misunderstood the trademarks policy.

Everybody that does not have a product page on an affiliate must not
change the value from the en-US one at all.

It's really going to be an official product page for every official
build, just that those locales with an affiliate can actually link to a
localized version of the product page.

Axel

Re: Thunderbird 1.5 Release schedule

Piotr Komoda
Axel Hecht wrote:
> It seems like you misunderstood the trademarks policy.
>
> Everybody that does not have a product page on an affiliate must not
> change the value from the en-US one at all.
>
> It's really going to be an official product page for every official
> build, just that those locales with an affiliate can actually link
> to a localized version of the product page.

Umm, I forgot about this rule, but what I meant here was that all links
to localized content in Tb should direct to one web site (with or
without redirecting). So you should say in policy, that all content
should be on mozilla-world or don't put any limits and approve
redirecting all links to sites like thunderbird.pl.

Because mix-alike situation like this one is IMO ridiculous.
--
Piotr "Pitreck" Komoda
pitreck[at]aviary.pl