Thunderbird 1.0.8/1.5.0.2 delayed until Friday or Monday

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Thunderbird 1.0.8/1.5.0.2 delayed until Friday or Monday

Tim Riley-3
There are some linux build issues that need to be resolved (bug 334707)
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=334707>. We need to avoid
and possible binary compatibility issues so we are delaying these
releases.  We will build, re-test and release ASAP.  The release should
be tomorrow or Monday.

--Tim
_______________________________________________
dev-planning mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-planning
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thunderbird 1.0.8/1.5.0.2 delayed until Friday or Monday

JC-5
Mozilla 1.1.13 has been released as a critical update on SuSe Linix
9.3. I just downloaded it using YAST.

Joe

Tim Riley wrote:
> There are some linux build issues that need to be resolved (bug 334707)
> <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=334707>. We need to avoid
> and possible binary compatibility issues so we are delaying these
> releases.  We will build, re-test and release ASAP.  The release should
> be tomorrow or Monday.
>
> --Tim

_______________________________________________
dev-planning mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-planning
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thunderbird 1.0.8/1.5.0.2 delayed until Friday or Monday

JC-5
You know I mean 1.7.13

_______________________________________________
dev-planning mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-planning
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thunderbird 1.0.8/1.5.0.2 delayed until Friday or Monday

Axel Hecht-2
In reply to this post by JC-5
JC wrote:
> Mozilla 1.1.13 has been released as a critical update on SuSe Linix
> 9.3. I just downloaded it using YAST.

I didn't find that on their site, but did they release a security
announcement for that update?

On the actual release, they have a home grown compile anyway, AFAIK, so
they problem that is keeping us from releasing the binaries doesn't
affect them. Not that I would call it a good citizen thing to release
before we do. But this is more a question of them disclosing
vulnerabilities before we would, thus my question above.

Axel

>
> Tim Riley wrote:
>> There are some linux build issues that need to be resolved (bug 334707)
>> <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=334707>. We need to avoid
>> and possible binary compatibility issues so we are delaying these
>> releases.  We will build, re-test and release ASAP.  The release should
>> be tomorrow or Monday.
>>
>> --Tim
>
_______________________________________________
dev-planning mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-planning
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thunderbird 1.0.8/1.5.0.2 delayed until Friday or Monday

Robert Marshall-6
Axel Hecht wrote:
> JC wrote:
>> Mozilla 1.1.13 has been released as a critical update on SuSe Linix
>> 9.3. I just downloaded it using YAST.
>
> I didn't find that on their site, but did they release a security
> announcement for that update?

<http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-security-announce/2006-Apr/0003.html>
has the title and CVE number for MFSA 2006-21, but nothing for 27 which
is also missing from <http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/>. ;)
_______________________________________________
dev-planning mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-planning
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thunderbird 1.0.8/1.5.0.2 delayed until Friday or Monday

Wolfgang Rosenauer-2
In reply to this post by Axel Hecht-2
Axel Hecht wrote:

> On the actual release, they have a home grown compile anyway, AFAIK, so
> they problem that is keeping us from releasing the binaries doesn't
> affect them. Not that I would call it a good citizen thing to release
> before we do. But this is more a question of them disclosing
> vulnerabilities before we would, thus my question above.
>
> Axel

We've planned to release at the same time. For some reasons - which I
don't want to discuss here - the timing wasn't perfect.

Wolfgang
_______________________________________________
dev-planning mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-planning