Third Party Terms of Service

Bjoern Hoehrmann-2
Hi,

  Hypothetical situation: I obtain the Firefox source code and decide to
make some modifications and redistribute the code (or binaries). Firefox
as I understand it uses various third party web services by default, for
instance, to map Wifi data to geographical coordinates, a Google service
is used. If I change how my modified code interacts with these services
I would want to ensure my modifications are consistent with the terms of
service of that web service. What are, exactly, the steps I should take,
or tell my legal counsel to take, to learn about these terms? I couldn't
find information on this in either the sources or on Mozilla web sites.

Re: Third Party Terms of Service

Heena
Bjoern Hoehrmann-2 wrote
Hi,

  Hypothetical situation: I obtain the Firefox source code and decide to
make some modifications and redistribute the code (or binaries). Firefox
as I understand it uses various third party web services by default, for
instance, to map Wifi data to geographical coordinates, a Google service
is used. If I change how my modified code interacts with these services
I would want to ensure my modifications are consistent with the terms of
service of that web service. What are, exactly, the steps I should take,
or tell my legal counsel to take, to learn about these terms? I couldn't
find information on this in either the sources or on Mozilla web sites.

Thanks,

I am also finding information related to Mozilla web sites. If you find any information related to this then please put this on Forum discussion.