There was an error sending mail from '{email}' to '{email}': no sender

There was an error sending mail from '{email}' to '{email}': no sender

aaron.zabell
Updated the params for mailfrom in /var/www/html/bugzilla/data/params.json but the error didn't clear.
Tried rebooting the server afterwards still no luck.

Re: There was an error sending mail from '{email}' to '{email}': no sender

aaron.zabell
On Friday, January 3, 2020 at 2:08:37 AM UTC-10, Thorsten Schöning wrote:

> Guten Tag [hidden email],
> am Freitag, 3. Januar 2020 um 03:03 schrieben Sie:
>
> > Updated the params for mailfrom in
> > /var/www/html/bugzilla/data/params.json but the error didn't clear.
> > Tried rebooting the server afterwards still no luck.
>
> Whatever you have configured might still be wrong for your MTA, like
> e.g. some people configure "bugzilla-daemon", but their MTA requires
> something like "[hidden email]" or the other way around.
> Additionally, to not risk syntac errors, you should prefer changing
> those things using the web-UI.
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
> Thorsten Schöning
>
> --
> Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
> AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/
>
> Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
> Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
> Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04
>
> AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
> AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow

Just tried changing mailfrom to [hidden email]. No luck.
Was previously, before doing anything, bugzilla-daemon. First thing I tried was changing it to [hidden email] (which didn't work and why I posted here)
All changes made directly on '/var/www/html/bugzilla/data/params.json'

FYI. I would’ve tried to modify the webui but that particular config
page (among other config pages) displays the error.

Re: There was an error sending mail from '{email}' to '{email}': no sender

aaron.zabell
To give more info.
My team migrated from one server to another a week ago.
We were at 5.1.0. Now at 5.1.1 (because 5.1.0 was not available).
It appeared to be working fine up until yesterday.

Re: There was an error sending mail from '{email}' to '{email}': no sender

aaron.zabell
I think it's fixed.
Saw another post with a similar problem.
I changed the 'mail_delivery_method' to Test then back to SMTP and that seems to have cleared the problem.
The 'mailfrom' I left as the <name>@<domain.com>.
Still no clue what would have caused a working system to function fine one day then stop the next when no changes were made to anything in the configuration. But oh well.