Theme Font & Size Changer -- A Warning

David E. Ross-3
A new version of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension (50.1) was
released today.  This version still contains code that expires the
extension.  It appears that the expiration date is only one week from
today.

The version information at
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
remains uninformative as to what changed.  However, I can tell that the
expiration date found in version 50.0 did NOT change.

The automatic expiration of this extension has been going on for quite
some time across several versions.  It was discussed in mozilla.general
late in November.  I have not yet seen any explanation of why this
user-hostile "feature" exists.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.

Re: Theme Font & Size Changer -- A Warning

Daniel
On 22/12/2016 3:01 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

> A new version of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension (50.1) was
> released today.  This version still contains code that expires the
> extension.  It appears that the expiration date is only one week from
> today.
>
> The version information at
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
> remains uninformative as to what changed.  However, I can tell that the
> expiration date found in version 50.0 did NOT change.
>
> The automatic expiration of this extension has been going on for quite
> some time across several versions.  It was discussed in mozilla.general
> late in November.  I have not yet seen any explanation of why this
> user-hostile "feature" exists.

David, is this expiration date something that could be adjusted in
prefs?? (I recall this extension being discussed here a while back, but
I don't know that this question was asked, let alone answered!)

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.40 Build identifier: 20160120202951
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501

Re: Theme Font & Size Changer -- A Warning

Desiree-11
On 12/21/2016 6:01 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

> A new version of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension (50.1) was
> released today.  This version still contains code that expires the
> extension.  It appears that the expiration date is only one week from
> today.
>
> The version information at
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
> remains uninformative as to what changed.  However, I can tell that the
> expiration date found in version 50.0 did NOT change.
>
> The automatic expiration of this extension has been going on for quite
> some time across several versions.  It was discussed in mozilla.general
> late in November.  I have not yet seen any explanation of why this
> user-hostile "feature" exists.

All of his extensions are acting strange.  I've been using several for a
long time on Fx, Pale Moon and Sea Monkey.

I upgraded Pale Moon from 25.8 to 26.3 a few days ago and ALL his
extensions disappeared without warning.  I reinstalled them and they
seem ok but all disappear seemingly at random and without warning on all
three browsers.

On all three browsers for Theme Font and Size Changer, I had 50.0
version and after reading your message, I checked for updates.  Sea
Monkey immediately updated to 50.1 where I see Darin has added extensive
explanation under "More" about the extension.  This is on a new profile
and this is the only extension on this profile.

On Fx 45.6 ESR and Pale Moon 26.3, I am told that 50.0 is the latest
version and that no updates are available.  Fx says 50.0 last update was
November 28.  Pale Moon had the extension reinstalled on Dec 18.  Why
doesn't either browser see that an update is available?    Hmmm.... I
use Darin's You Tube High Definition and current version is 50.0 which I
have on Pale Moon but on Fx, I have 48.1.  Fx insists there is no newer
version.

What I have noticed for some time now with his extensions is that they
update suddenly while I am using the browsers and do not update when
Addons Manager is accessed and Check for Updates is clicked.  I don't
like this behavior of updating when I am in the middle of something
(especially with his as that is very in your face as a new tab opens to
his website which is disconcerting when not expecting that behavior).
Extension automatic updates are set on "default" and that, with Darin's
extensions, means whenever the extension wants to update and is not
controllable by the user.  I've had automatic updating for his
extensions set to "Off" in the past and that has no effect either.  They
update whenever....yet, I love his extensions (the two that control You
Tube are indispensable) so I put up with the weirdness.

On 12/22/2016 12:30 AM, Daniel wrote:

> On 22/12/2016 3:01 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> A new version of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension (50.1) was
>> released today.  This version still contains code that expires the
>> extension.  It appears that the expiration date is only one week from
>> today.
>>
>> The version information at
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
>> remains uninformative as to what changed.  However, I can tell that the
>> expiration date found in version 50.0 did NOT change.
>>
>> The automatic expiration of this extension has been going on for quite
>> some time across several versions.  It was discussed in mozilla.general
>> late in November.  I have not yet seen any explanation of why this
>> user-hostile "feature" exists.
>>
> David, is this expiration date something that could be adjusted in
> prefs?? (I recall this extension being discussed here a while back, but
> I don't know that this question was asked, let alone answered!)

Using 7-Zip, I openned the .xpi file.  You can use any good Zip
application.

Within 7-Zip, I was able to edit file bootstrap.js.  I located the line
        if(new Date().getTime()>1482950970000) return;
and commented it out by changing it to
        // if(new Date().getTime()>1482950970000) return;
(adding two virgules [//] at the beginning).  I saved the change back
into the .xpi file and then installed the extension.

I did this only in one of my four profiles.  I am waiting until 29
December to see if the extension is okay in that profile but disappears
in the other three.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.

Re: Theme Font & Size Changer -- A Warning

Big Al-2
On 12/22/2016 11:19 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

> On 12/22/2016 12:30 AM, Daniel wrote:
>> On 22/12/2016 3:01 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>>> A new version of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension (50.1) was
>>> released today.  This version still contains code that expires the
>>> extension.  It appears that the expiration date is only one week from
>>> today.
>>>
>>> The version information at
>>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
>>> remains uninformative as to what changed.  However, I can tell that the
>>> expiration date found in version 50.0 did NOT change.
>>>
>>> The automatic expiration of this extension has been going on for quite
>>> some time across several versions.  It was discussed in mozilla.general
>>> late in November.  I have not yet seen any explanation of why this
>>> user-hostile "feature" exists.
>>>
>> David, is this expiration date something that could be adjusted in
>> prefs?? (I recall this extension being discussed here a while back, but
>> I don't know that this question was asked, let alone answered!)
>>

> Using 7-Zip, I openned the .xpi file.  You can use any good Zip
> application.
>
> Within 7-Zip, I was able to edit file bootstrap.js.  I located the line
> if(new Date().getTime()>1482950970000) return;
> and commented it out by changing it to
> // if(new Date().getTime()>1482950970000) return;
> (adding two virgules [//] at the beginning).  I saved the change back
> into the .xpi file and then installed the extension.
>
> I did this only in one of my four profiles.  I am waiting until 29
> December to see if the extension is okay in that profile but disappears
> in the other three.

I was thinking of just putting an obnoxiously large # in there but your
comment idea works too. (I hope).

On 23/12/2016 3:19 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

> On 12/22/2016 12:30 AM, Daniel wrote:
>> On 22/12/2016 3:01 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>>> A new version of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension (50.1) was
>>> released today.  This version still contains code that expires the
>>> extension.  It appears that the expiration date is only one week from
>>> today.
>>>
>>> The version information at
>>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
>>> remains uninformative as to what changed.  However, I can tell that the
>>> expiration date found in version 50.0 did NOT change.
>>>
>>> The automatic expiration of this extension has been going on for quite
>>> some time across several versions.  It was discussed in mozilla.general
>>> late in November.  I have not yet seen any explanation of why this
>>> user-hostile "feature" exists.
>>>
>> David, is this expiration date something that could be adjusted in
>> prefs?? (I recall this extension being discussed here a while back, but
>> I don't know that this question was asked, let alone answered!)
>>

> Using 7-Zip, I openned the .xpi file.  You can use any good Zip
> application.
>
> Within 7-Zip, I was able to edit file bootstrap.js.  I located the line
> if(new Date().getTime()>1482950970000) return;
> and commented it out by changing it to
> // if(new Date().getTime()>1482950970000) return;
> (adding two virgules [//] at the beginning).  I saved the change back
> into the .xpi file and then installed the extension.
>
> I did this only in one of my four profiles.  I am waiting until 29
> December to see if the extension is okay in that profile but disappears
> in the other three.

We wait with baited breath!! (Hmm, is "baited" the correct
word/spelling?? Probably not!!)

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.40 Build identifier: 20160120202951
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501

Re: Theme Font & Size Changer -- A Warning

Mark12547
In article <[hidden email]>,
[hidden email] says...
> We wait with baited breath!! (Hmm, is "baited" the correct
> word/spelling?? Probably not!!)

bate = (short of "abate") to moderate or restrain.

bated breath = the condition of waiting for something to happen; subdued
breathing due to high emotions

So, if you are waiting for results of your test, you are waiting with
bated breath.

If you eat a tuna sandwich and then breathe on a cat, you might attract
it with your baited breath. :)

I usually get "baited breath" wrong, too. (Sometimes Google can be your
friend, especially with a search term like "define baited breath".)

On 23/12/2016 8:13 PM, Mark12547 wrote:

> In article <[hidden email]>,
> [hidden email] says...
>> We wait with baited breath!! (Hmm, is "baited" the correct
>> word/spelling?? Probably not!!)
>>

> bate = (short of "abate") to moderate or restrain.
>
> bated breath = the condition of waiting for something to happen; subdued
> breathing due to high emotions
>
> So, if you are waiting for results of your test, you are waiting with
> bated breath.
>
> If you eat a tuna sandwich and then breathe on a cat, you might attract
> it with your baited breath. :)
>
> I usually get "baited breath" wrong, too. (Sometimes Google can be your
> friend, especially with a search term like "define baited breath".)

See!! Who said I was stupid?? I knew I was (most likely) wrong! :-P

Thank you for so conclusively proving my point, Mark!! ;-)

On 12/21/2016 8:01 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

> A new version of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension (50.1) was
> released today.  This version still contains code that expires the
> extension.  It appears that the expiration date is only one week from
> today.
>
> The version information at
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
> remains uninformative as to what changed.  However, I can tell that the
> expiration date found in version 50.0 did NOT change.
>
> The automatic expiration of this extension has been going on for quite
> some time across several versions.  It was discussed in mozilla.general
> late in November.  I have not yet seen any explanation of why this
> user-hostile "feature" exists.

A new version 50.1.1 was released today (27 December 2016).  It expires
28 February 2017.  There is still no explanation why versions of this
extension expire.

It is also annoying that Version Information on the
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
page never changes from version to version except for the release date
and version number.  The most recent versions all say:
> Works with Firefox 3.0 and later, SeaMonkey 2.0 and later,
> Thunderbird 3.0b4 and later
>
> Source code released under GNU General Public License, version 3.0
Is it possible that new versions are being released merely to extend the
expiration date with no other changes?

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.

Re: Theme Font & Size Changer -- A Warning

David E. Ross-3
On 12/21/2016 8:01 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

> A new version of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension (50.1) was
> released today.  This version still contains code that expires the
> extension.  It appears that the expiration date is only one week from
> today.
>
> The version information at
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
> remains uninformative as to what changed.  However, I can tell that the
> expiration date found in version 50.0 did NOT change.
>
> The automatic expiration of this extension has been going on for quite
> some time across several versions.  It was discussed in mozilla.general
> late in November.  I have not yet seen any explanation of why this
> user-hostile "feature" exists.

Today (29 December 2016), Theme font & Size Changer versions 50.0 and
50.1 expired in SeaMonkey; and version 50.0 expired in Thunderbird.
HOWEVER, my altered version 50.0 -- changed to comment-out the line in
file bootstrap.js that causes expiration -- did not expire.  I
successfully installed that altered version in the SeaMonkey profiles
that had the "vanilla" versions and in Thunderbird.

I am thinking of complying with the GPL 3 license requirements (merely
annotations) and then making my altered version publicly available.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.

Re: Theme Font & Size Changer -- A Warning

Wayne Mery
On 12/28/2016 12:01 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

> On 12/21/2016 8:01 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> A new version of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension (50.1) was
>> released today.  This version still contains code that expires the
>> extension.  It appears that the expiration date is only one week from
>> today.
>>
>> The version information at
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
>> remains uninformative as to what changed.  However, I can tell that the
>> expiration date found in version 50.0 did NOT change.
>>
>> The automatic expiration of this extension has been going on for quite
>> some time across several versions.  It was discussed in mozilla.general
>> late in November.  I have not yet seen any explanation of why this
>> user-hostile "feature" exists.
>>

> A new version 50.1.1 was released today (27 December 2016).  It expires
> 28 February 2017.  There is still no explanation why versions of this
> extension expire.

That has been the case in multiple updates.  I haven't figured out how
to contact the author or I would complain. Imagine the chaos if the
author were delayed or incapacitated on the day that the addon expired.

Diff the files and you can easily determine whether anything other than
the date line has changed.

I wish someone would organize a petition to present a few hundred or
thousand signatures to the author to ask that this abnormal activity be
stopped.

> It is also annoying that Version Information on the
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
> page never changes from version to version except for the release date
> and version number.  The most recent versions all say:
>> Works with Firefox 3.0 and later, SeaMonkey 2.0 and later,
>> Thunderbird 3.0b4 and later
>>
>> Source code released under GNU General Public License, version 3.0
> Is it possible that new versions are being released merely to extend the
> expiration date with no other changes?

Re: Theme Font & Size Changer -- A Warning

S. McDuff
On 30-Dec-2016 9:01 AM, Wayne wrote:

> On 12/28/2016 12:01 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 12/21/2016 8:01 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>>> A new version of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension (50.1) was
>>> released today.  This version still contains code that expires the
>>> extension.  It appears that the expiration date is only one week from
>>> today.
>>>
>>> The version information at
>>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
>>>
>>> remains uninformative as to what changed.  However, I can tell that the
>>> expiration date found in version 50.0 did NOT change.
>>>
>>> The automatic expiration of this extension has been going on for quite
>>> some time across several versions.  It was discussed in mozilla.general
>>> late in November.  I have not yet seen any explanation of why this
>>> user-hostile "feature" exists.
>>>

>> A new version 50.1.1 was released today (27 December 2016).  It expires
>> 28 February 2017.  There is still no explanation why versions of this
>> extension expire.
>
> That has been the case in multiple updates.  I haven't figured out how
> to contact the author or I would complain. Imagine the chaos if the
> author were delayed or incapacitated on the day that the addon expired.
>
> Diff the files and you can easily determine whether anything other than
> the date line has changed.
>
> I wish someone would organize a petition to present a few hundred or
> thousand signatures to the author to ask that this abnormal activity be
> stopped.
>

>> It is also annoying that Version Information on the
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
>>
>> page never changes from version to version except for the release date
>> and version number.  The most recent versions all say:
>>> Works with Firefox 3.0 and later, SeaMonkey 2.0 and later,
>>> Thunderbird 3.0b4 and later
>>>
>>> Source code released under GNU General Public License, version 3.0
>> Is it possible that new versions are being released merely to extend the
>> expiration date with no other changes?

Here's how to contact the author:

http://barisderin.com/?p=39
http://preview.tinyurl.com/n8msm9g

email: baris (at) barisderin . com

On 12/28/2016 8:07 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

> On 12/21/2016 8:01 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> A new version of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension (50.1) was
>> released today.  This version still contains code that expires the
>> extension.  It appears that the expiration date is only one week from
>> today.
>>
>> The version information at
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
>> remains uninformative as to what changed.  However, I can tell that the
>> expiration date found in version 50.0 did NOT change.
>>
>> The automatic expiration of this extension has been going on for quite
>> some time across several versions.  It was discussed in mozilla.general
>> late in November.  I have not yet seen any explanation of why this
>> user-hostile "feature" exists.
>>

> Today (29 December 2016), Theme font & Size Changer versions 50.0 and
> 50.1 expired in SeaMonkey; and version 50.0 expired in Thunderbird.
> HOWEVER, my altered version 50.0 -- changed to comment-out the line in
> file bootstrap.js that causes expiration -- did not expire.  I
> successfully installed that altered version in the SeaMonkey profiles
> that had the "vanilla" versions and in Thunderbird.
>
> I am thinking of complying with the GPL 3 license requirements (merely
> annotations) and then making my altered version publicly available.

See my <http://www.rossde.com/ThemeFontSizeChangerNoexpire/index.html>.
NOTE:  Because my modification is not signed by addons.mozilla.org, it
cannot be installed in Firefox.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.

Re: Theme Font & Size Changer -- A Warning

Disaster Master
On Mon Jan 02 2017 15:58:46 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), David E.
Ross <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12/28/2016 8:07 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> Today (29 December 2016), Theme font & Size Changer versions 50.0 and
>> 50.1 expired in SeaMonkey; and version 50.0 expired in Thunderbird.
>> HOWEVER, my altered version 50.0 -- changed to comment-out the line in
>> file bootstrap.js that causes expiration -- did not expire.  I
>> successfully installed that altered version in the SeaMonkey profiles
>> that had the "vanilla" versions and in Thunderbird.
>>
>> I am thinking of complying with the GPL 3 license requirements (merely
>> annotations) and then making my altered version publicly available.
> See my <http://www.rossde.com/ThemeFontSizeChangerNoexpire/index.html>.
> NOTE:  Because my modification is not signed by addons.mozilla.org, it
> cannot be installed in Firefox.

Unless you 'fix' their removal of the ability to install unsigned Addons.

Re: Theme Font & Size Changer -- A Warning

David E. Ross-3
On 12/21/2016 8:01 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

> A new version of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension (50.1) was
> released today.  This version still contains code that expires the
> extension.  It appears that the expiration date is only one week from
> today.
>
> The version information at
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
> remains uninformative as to what changed.  However, I can tell that the
> expiration date found in version 50.0 did NOT change.
>
> The automatic expiration of this extension has been going on for quite
> some time across several versions.  It was discussed in mozilla.general
> late in November.  I have not yet seen any explanation of why this
> user-hostile "feature" exists.

New "vanilla" version 50.2 (released yesterday) expires 28 February
2017.  My modified version "noexpire 50.0" does not expire.  See my
<http://www.rossde.com/ThemeFontSizeChangerNoexpire/index.html>.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

The only reason we have so many laws is that not enough people will do
the right thing.  (© 1997 by David Ross)

Re: Theme Font & Size Changer -- A Warning

WaltS48-3
On 01/07/2017 03:18 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

> On 12/21/2016 8:01 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> A new version of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension (50.1) was
>> released today.  This version still contains code that expires the
>> extension.  It appears that the expiration date is only one week from
>> today.
>>
>> The version information at
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
>> remains uninformative as to what changed.  However, I can tell that the
>> expiration date found in version 50.0 did NOT change.
>>
>> The automatic expiration of this extension has been going on for quite
>> some time across several versions.  It was discussed in mozilla.general
>> late in November.  I have not yet seen any explanation of why this
>> user-hostile "feature" exists.
>>
> New "vanilla" version 50.2 (released yesterday) expires 28 February
> 2017.  My modified version "noexpire 50.0" does not expire.  See my
> <http://www.rossde.com/ThemeFontSizeChangerNoexpire/index.html>.

What could you be missing from the new "vanilla" version 50.2 in your 50.0?

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS

On 1/7/2017 1:14 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 01/07/2017 03:18 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 12/21/2016 8:01 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>>> A new version of the Theme Font & Size Changer extension (50.1) was
>>> released today.  This version still contains code that expires the
>>> extension.  It appears that the expiration date is only one week from
>>> today.
>>>
>>> The version information at
>>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
>>> remains uninformative as to what changed.  However, I can tell that the
>>> expiration date found in version 50.0 did NOT change.
>>>
>>> The automatic expiration of this extension has been going on for quite
>>> some time across several versions.  It was discussed in mozilla.general
>>> late in November.  I have not yet seen any explanation of why this
>>> user-hostile "feature" exists.
>>>
>> New "vanilla" version 50.2 (released yesterday) expires 28 February
>> 2017.  My modified version "noexpire 50.0" does not expire.  See my
>> <http://www.rossde.com/ThemeFontSizeChangerNoexpire/index.html>.
>>
> What could you be missing from the new "vanilla" version 50.2 in your 50.0?

Some developers give detailed change logs when they update their
extensions.  This is not true for Theme Font & Size Changer.  Given the
lack of any information in the "Version Information" at the bottom of
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
or any information at the developer's Web site, there is no way to tell
what might have been fixed or what new features were added.

On 8/01/2017 11:23 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

> On 1/7/2017 1:14 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> New "vanilla" version 50.2 (released yesterday) expires 28 February
>>> 2017.  My modified version "noexpire 50.0" does not expire.  See my
>>> <http://www.rossde.com/ThemeFontSizeChangerNoexpire/index.html>.
>>>
>> What could you be missing from the new "vanilla" version 50.2 in your 50.0?
>
> Some developers give detailed change logs when they update their
> extensions.  This is not true for Theme Font & Size Changer.  Given the
> lack of any information in the "Version Information" at the bottom of
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
> or any information at the developer's Web site, there is no way to tell
> what might have been fixed or what new features were added.

David, rather than having a program which might never expire/update,
might it not be better to set the expire date to, say, 01/01/2018 ..
i.e. some substantial date in the future, so eventually your memory will
be jogged, so you do update??

Daniel

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751

On 1/8/2017 1:23 AM, Daniel wrote:

> On 8/01/2017 11:23 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

>>> What could you be missing from the new "vanilla" version 50.2 in your 50.0?
>>
>> Some developers give detailed change logs when they update their
>> extensions.  This is not true for Theme Font & Size Changer.  Given the
>> lack of any information in the "Version Information" at the bottom of
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
>> or any information at the developer's Web site, there is no way to tell
>> what might have been fixed or what new features were added.
>>
> David, rather than having a program which might never expire/update,
> might it not be better to set the expire date to, say, 01/01/2018 ..
> i.e. some substantial date in the future, so eventually your memory will
> be jogged, so you do update??
>
> Daniel

When the Theme Font & Size Changer expires, there is NO warning.  It
just suddenly disappears from the application.  My first realization
that it is gone is that my user interface is strange.  At that point, I
would have to interrupt whatever I am doing, download the newer version,
and install it.  No thank you; that is not how I want to operate.

On 01/08/2017 11:03 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

> On 1/8/2017 1:23 AM, Daniel wrote:

>>> Some developers give detailed change logs when they update their
>>> extensions.  This is not true for Theme Font & Size Changer.  Given the
>>> lack of any information in the "Version Information" at the bottom of
>>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/theme-font-size-changer/>
>>> or any information at the developer's Web site, there is no way to tell
>>> what might have been fixed or what new features were added.
>>>
>> David, rather than having a program which might never expire/update,
>> might it not be better to set the expire date to, say, 01/01/2018 ..
>> i.e. some substantial date in the future, so eventually your memory will
>> be jogged, so you do update??
>>
>> Daniel
>>
> When the Theme Font & Size Changer expires, there is NO warning.  It
> just suddenly disappears from the application.  My first realization
> that it is gone is that my user interface is strange.  At that point, I
> would have to interrupt whatever I am doing, download the newer version,
> and install it.  No thank you; that is not how I want to operate.

It won't update automatically with "Add-0ns > Update Add-ons
Automatically" checked? 😕