The function Accessible_getAction cannot get the action in Firefox?

The function Accessible_getAction cannot get the action in Firefox?

wjy0516
I write a program to monitor operations on some software in Linux. I
use this function to get the operation object. It can get the object
in most of the softwares, except Firefox and OpenOffice. Is there any
other functions in at-spi used  appropriative for Firefox? Or the
function Accessible_getAction has a special way for use?

Re: The function Accessible_getAction cannot get the action in Firefox?

Steve Lee-3
2008/5/10  <[hidden email]>:
> I write a program to monitor operations on some software in Linux. I
> use this function to get the operation object. It can get the object
> in most of the softwares, except Firefox and OpenOffice. Is there any
> other functions in at-spi used  appropriative for Firefox? Or the
> function Accessible_getAction has a special way for use?

HI, can you provide a little more detail as it's not quite clear what
your problem is. What exactly are you trying to do?

Accessible_getAction is the C function to get the action interface of
an accessible and is pretty simple really. However the action
interface is for performing actions and you only mention 'recording'
so is that what you want?

Only objects that have actions that can be performed over AT-SPI will
impliment the Action interface so it is possible you do not have a
node that supports it. Use the Accerciser 'interface viewer' tab to
check. You should also check the node does not have a disabled state
as the action is still exposed but will do nothing. Accerciser also
lets you test the doAction.

In pyatspi (which we highly recommend as your standard way to use
AT-SPI) you use 'queryAction' to get the interface and then 'doAction'
and I do that quite happily with Firefox. There may be  a few odd bugs
where some controls do not perform.

--
Steve Lee

On 5月10日, 下午3时38分, "Steve Lee" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2008/5/10  <[hidden email]>:
>
> > I write a program to monitor operations on some software in Linux. I
> > use this function to get the operation object. It can get the object
> > in most of the softwares, except Firefox and OpenOffice. Is there any
> > other functions in at-spi used  appropriative for Firefox? Or the
> > function Accessible_getAction has a special way for use?
>
> HI, can you provide a little more detail as it's not quite clear what
> your problem is. What exactly are you trying to do?
>
> Accessible_getAction is the C function to get the action interface of
> an accessible and is pretty simple really. However the action
> interface is for performing actions and you only mention 'recording'
> so is that what you want?
>
> Only objects that have actions that can be performed over AT-SPI will
> impliment the Action interface so it is possible you do not have a
> node that supports it. Use the Accerciser 'interface viewer' tab to
> check. You should also check the node does not have a disabled state
> as the action is still exposed but will do nothing. Accerciser also
> lets you test the doAction.
>
> In pyatspi (which we highly recommend as your standard way to use
> AT-SPI) you use 'queryAction' to get the interface and then 'doAction'
> and I do that quite happily with Firefox. There may be  a few odd bugs
> where some controls do not perform.
>
> --
> Steve Lee
> --
> Open Source Assistive Technology Software
> web: fullmeasure.co.uk
> blog: eduspaces.net/stevelee/weblog
>
> 2008/5/10  <[hidden email]>:
>
> > I write a program to monitor operations on some software in Linux. I
> > use this function to get the operation object. It can get the object
> > in most of the softwares, except Firefox and OpenOffice. Is there any
> > other functions in at-spi used  appropriative for Firefox? Or the
> > function Accessible_getAction has a special way for use?

> Steve Lee
> --
> Open Source Assistive Technology Software
> web: fullmeasure.co.uk
> blog: eduspaces.net/stevelee/weblog
Thank you for answering my questions. I just want to record user's
operation information, such as 'mouseclick', 'menubar Openfile'. And
generat a script which used for replay.  In my program, I use the
function  Accessible_getAction to get the action interface and then
'Accessible_doAction'. It works well with other software, except
Firefox and OpenOffice.

I am interested in  'queryAction' you say. Is that a java function?
And how to use it? I am a rookie, so could you please tell me the
details. Thanks again!

2008/5/13  <[hidden email]>:
>  Thank you for answering my questions. I just want to record user's
>  operation information, such as 'mouseclick', 'menubar Openfile'. And
>  generat a script which used for replay.  In my program, I use the
>  function  Accessible_getAction to get the action interface and then
>  'Accessible_doAction'. It works well with other software, except
>  Firefox and OpenOffice.

OK but you need to know the map from gestures (like click) to the
actions so you call the correct one with doAction. Mostly there is
only one action so there is no real problem.

That's is pretty much what the various test frameworks do. Perhaps
there is one you can use on Windows or an open source one for Win32?
Does anyone know?

>  I am interested in  'queryAction' you say. Is that a java function?
>  And how to use it? I am a rookie, so could you please tell me the
>  details. Thanks again!

Sorry for confusion, that is pyatspi (python binding to AT-SPI) only
so is no good for you. Its the equiv of Accessible_getAction AFAIK.
You may well find nicer MSAA/IA2 bindings for Python, check with NVDA source.

Steve

Steve Lee

On 5月13日, 下午7时54分, "Steve Lee" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2008/5/13  <[hidden email]>:
>
> >  Thank you for answering my questions. I just want to record user's
> >  operation information, such as 'mouseclick', 'menubar Openfile'. And
> >  generat a script which used for replay.  In my program, I use the
> >  function  Accessible_getAction to get the action interface and then
> >  'Accessible_doAction'. It works well with other software, except
> >  Firefox and OpenOffice.
>
> OK but you need to know the map from gestures (like click) to the
> actions so you call the correct one with doAction. Mostly there is
> only one action so there is no real problem.
>
> That's is pretty much what the various test frameworks do. Perhaps
> there is one you can use on Windows or an open source one for Win32?
> Does anyone know?
>
> >  I am interested in  'queryAction' you say. Is that a java function?
> >  And how to use it? I am a rookie, so could you please tell me the
> >  details. Thanks again!
>
> Sorry for confusion, that is pyatspi (python binding to AT-SPI) only
> so is no good for you. Its the equiv of Accessible_getAction AFAIK.
> You may well find nicer MSAA/IA2 bindings for Python, check with NVDA source.
>
> Steve

> Steve Lee
> --
> Open Source Assistive Technology Software
> web: fullmeasure.co.uk
> blog: eduspaces.net/stevelee/weblog
Please excuse my misunderstanding of accessible. Now I know the
problem of capture in Firefox is not caused by the function
Accessible_getAction.

The solution I wanna know is how to monitor in firefox with at-spi.  I
use the AT function SPI_createAccessibleEventListener to build  a
listener.  And if i press a software, it will print a "success".
All the software can print "success" except firefox and  office. So I
wanna know how can At-spi do with it. Thanks!

Re: The function Accessible_getAction cannot get the action in Firefox?

Nagappan
Hi Steve,

You mean http://pywinauto.openqa.org/ ?

Thanks
Nagappan

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 4:54 AM, Steve Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2008/5/13  <[hidden email]>:
> >  Thank you for answering my questions. I just want to record user's
> >  operation information, such as 'mouseclick', 'menubar Openfile'. And
> >  generat a script which used for replay.  In my program, I use the
> >  function  Accessible_getAction to get the action interface and then
> >  'Accessible_doAction'. It works well with other software, except
> >  Firefox and OpenOffice.
>
> OK but you need to know the map from gestures (like click) to the
> actions so you call the correct one with doAction. Mostly there is
> only one action so there is no real problem.
>
> That's is pretty much what the various test frameworks do. Perhaps
> there is one you can use on Windows or an open source one for Win32?
> Does anyone know?
>
> >  I am interested in  'queryAction' you say. Is that a java function?
> >  And how to use it? I am a rookie, so could you please tell me the
> >  details. Thanks again!
>
> Sorry for confusion, that is pyatspi (python binding to AT-SPI) only
> so is no good for you. Its the equiv of Accessible_getAction AFAIK.
> You may well find nicer MSAA/IA2 bindings for Python, check with NVDA
> source.
>
> Steve

> Steve Lee
> --
> Open Source Assistive Technology Software
> web: fullmeasure.co.uk
> blog: eduspaces.net/stevelee/weblog

Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com

On 13/05/2008, Nagappan A <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You mean http://pywinauto.openqa.org/ ?

Yeah that's it thanks Nagappan, I now remember Charles Chen showing me
that at Boston a while back.

It's a way of invoking UI without using the a11y API at all.

Steve

Re: The function Accessible_getAction cannot get the action in Firefox?

Steve Lee-3
>  The solution I wanna know is how to monitor in firefox with at-spi.  I
>  use the AT function SPI_createAccessibleEventListener to build  a
>  listener.  And if i press a software, it will print a "success".
>  All the software can print "success" except firefox and  office. So I
>  wanna know how can At-spi do with it. Thanks!

Huh?
Now I'm confused. AT-SPI is on Linux + GNOME only MSAA & IA2 are on
Windows only and you said that is where you are (unmanaged code).

Or are you now thinking managed code with Mono on Linux? In that case
you have to await for the UIA bridge to AT-SPI to become available
from Novel.

If you are now interested in AT-SPI on Linux you should look at
pyatspi and look at the code in accerciser, Orca or Jambu as a
reference application.

--
Steve Lee

On 5月13日, 下午11时48分, "Steve Lee" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >  The solution I wanna know is how to monitor in firefox with at-spi.  I
> >  use the AT function SPI_createAccessibleEventListener to build  a
> >  listener.  And if i press a software, it will print a "success".
> >  All the software can print "success" except firefox and  office. So I
> >  wanna know how can At-spi do with it. Thanks!
>
> Huh?
> Now I'm confused. AT-SPI is on Linux + GNOME only MSAA & IA2 are on
> Windows only and you said that is where you are (unmanaged code).
>
> Or are you now thinking managed code with Mono on Linux? In that case
> you have to await for the UIA bridge to AT-SPI to become available
> from Novel.
>
> If you are now interested in AT-SPI on Linux you should look at
> pyatspi and look at the code in accerciser, Orca or Jambu as a
> reference application.
>
> --
> Steve Lee
> --
> Open Source Assistive Technology Software
> web: fullmeasure.co.uk
> blog: eduspaces.net/stevelee/weblog
Now I know it's caused by the event listener. I use the
"Gtk:GtkWidget:button-press-event". It is only used for the Gtk
program. But there is still a trouble confuse me that the mouse event
listener "mouse:b1c" cannot get any mouse event. So do you know other
mouse-click-eventlistener?  Thanks!

Re: The function Accessible_getAction cannot get the action in Firefox?

Steve Lee-3
>But there is still a trouble confuse me that the mouse event
>  listener "mouse:b1c" cannot get any mouse event. So do you know other
>  mouse-click-eventlistener?  Thanks!

Try 'mouse:button' or more specifically 'mouse:button:1p' etc.

--
Steve Lee
--
Open Source Assistive Technology Software
web: fullmeasure.co.uk
blog: eduspaces.net/stevelee/weblog

Re: The function Accessible_getAction cannot get the action in Firefox?

Nagappan
Hello,

You can have a look at
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/ldtp/ldtp/src/ldtp-record.c?content-type=text%2Fplain&view=co

But C based at-spi code is not updated. So, I recommend to go with Python
based at-spi or you can directly use Orbit2 C library to access
accessibility related events / actions, instead of python-orbit.

Thanks
Nagappan