The Bookmarks of PDF Version ECMAScript Standard Are Broken

The Bookmarks of PDF Version ECMAScript Standard Are Broken

Timothy Liu

Dear ES-Discuss:

First of all, appreciate your hard work which made ECMAScript/JavaScript a first-class programming language on the Earth.

I’m a technical writer. Recently, I’m going to initial a book writing for ES8. After I download the ECMA-262.pdf, I found the bookmarks of the PDF file are now working. I tried both in the browser and Acrobat Reader. It seems the older version PDF files have the same issue.

Would you like to take a look and do a quick fix? It is very inconvenient reading without bookmark navigation.

Best Regards, Happy New Year!

Timothy

Re: The Bookmarks of PDF Version ECMAScript Standard Are Broken

Mike Samuel
I think the spec is generated via https://github.com/bterlson/ecmarkup
from HTML files like https://github.com/tc39/ecma402/tree/master/spec

Maybe it'd be worth filing a bug on ecmarkup since that's probably the
piece that generates the TOC in the generated PDF.

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 10:22 PM, Timothy Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks! Mike:
>
> I know the HTML version works perfectly well :)
> Usually, I do my writing work in a low network speed environment, say Starbucks.
>
> Best Regards,
> Tim

Jordan Harband

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 7:35 PM, Mike Samuel <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think the spec is generated via https://github.com/bterlson/ecmarkup
from HTML files like https://github.com/tc39/ecma402/tree/master/spec

Maybe it'd be worth filing a bug on ecmarkup since that's probably the
piece that generates the TOC in the generated PDF.

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 10:22 PM, Timothy Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks! Mike:
>
> I know the HTML version works perfectly well :)
> Usually, I do my writing work in a low network speed environment, say Starbucks.
>
> Best Regards,
> Tim

Hi Jordan,

Thank you very much. That issue is precisely the one I met.

Best Regards,

Tim