Testopia unable to create Test Runs....

Gary-163
When I create a test run, I cannot add test cases to the run. Is there
anywhere I should look for debugging information/etc. And has anyone
else
seen this issue?

RE: Testopia unable to create Test Runs....

Sasha Alexander
Make sure your test cases are in "confirmed" state.
If I am answering wrong question, please provide more info about the problem you're facing

Thanks,

Sasha

Re: Testopia unable to create Test Runs....

Gary Greene-5
We don't have a 'confirmed' status type as we've modified the field to have
the following options:

DESIGN COMPLETE
DESIGN IN PROGRESS
DESIGN NEEDS UPDATED
REMOVE TEST CASE
RECOMMEND TEST CASE
UNCLASSIFIED

Is there specific segments of code I should look at to deal with this
change?

On 25/10/10 3:45 PM, "Sasha Alexander" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Make sure your test cases are in "confirmed" state.
> If I am answering wrong question, please provide more info about the problem
> you're facing
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sasha

Gary L. Greene, Jr.
IT Operations
Minerva Networks, Inc.
Cell:   (650) 704-6633
Office: (408) 240-1239

On Oct 25, 3:57 pm, Gary Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We don't have a 'confirmed' status type as we've modified the field to have
> the following options:
>
> DESIGN COMPLETE
> DESIGN IN PROGRESS
> DESIGN NEEDS UPDATED
> REMOVE TEST CASE
> RECOMMEND TEST CASE
> UNCLASSIFIED
>
> Is there specific segments of code I should look at to deal with this
> change?
>
> On 25/10/10 3:45 PM, "Sasha Alexander" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Make sure your test cases are in "confirmed" state.
> > If I am answering wrong question, please provide more info about the problem
> > you're facing
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Sasha

I've found and modified the Perl code accordingly, however, now I'm
working through the Javascript code to deal with this..... After
talking to the head of QA here, they want ALL of the statuses except
for REMOVE TEST CAASE to be able to be run. Looks like this is
littered throughout all of the javascript.....

On Oct 26, 11:03 am, Gary <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 25, 3:57 pm, Gary Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > We don't have a 'confirmed' status type as we've modified the field to have
> > the following options:
>
> > DESIGN COMPLETE
> > DESIGN IN PROGRESS
> > DESIGN NEEDS UPDATED
> > REMOVE TEST CASE
> > RECOMMEND TEST CASE
> > UNCLASSIFIED
>
> > Is there specific segments of code I should look at to deal with this
> > change?
>
> > On 25/10/10 3:45 PM, "Sasha Alexander" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Make sure your test cases are in "confirmed" state.
> > > If I am answering wrong question, please provide more info about the problem
> > > you're facing
>
> > > Thanks,
>
> > > Sasha

In certain places in the javascript code, I see places like this:

    var casegrid = new Testopia.TestCase.Grid({
        plan_id: plan.plan_id,
        case_status: 'CONFIRMED'

Am I correct in assuming that that will set the newly created case to
CONFIRMED by default? (Note, I know Perl far more than Javascript, so
in the beginning I might ask a few bone headed questions.....)

Re: Testopia unable to create Test Runs....

Gregary Hendricks-2
On Oct 26, 12:20 pm, Gary <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 26, 11:03 am, Gary <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 25, 3:57 pm, Gary Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > We don't have a 'confirmed' status type as we've modified the field to have
> > > the following options:
>
> > > DESIGN COMPLETE
> > > DESIGN IN PROGRESS
> > > DESIGN NEEDS UPDATED
> > > REMOVE TEST CASE
> > > RECOMMEND TEST CASE
> > > UNCLASSIFIED
>
> > > Is there specific segments of code I should look at to deal with this
> > > change?

Yeah, the case status field was not really made to be very
customizable I'm afraid. There is a set of constants in Perl and in
the Javascript that set CONFIRMED as a numerical ID based on the
database table ID I think (basically making an enum). I don't recall
all the places in the Javascript that it is used, but the enforcement
for creating a new run with non-confirmed cases is all in the Perl as
I recall.

++Greg