Testopia installation does not add testopia link to home page

Testopia installation does not add testopia link to home page

James Stocks-2
Hi -

I'm trying to install Testopia on Windows.
I have a fresh install of Bugzilla 3.4.6 and I downloaded Testopia
3.2.1
I manually made the changes contained in the patch file "patch-3.4.4"
then ran checksetup.pl with one small problem that doesn't look
related to my main problem but I will post just in case:

<i>New parameter: testopia-max-allowed-plan-testers
New parameter: testopia-debug
Removing existing compiled templates...
Precompiling templates...done.

Checking Testopia setup ...
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at ./extensions/testopia/code/
install-up
date_db.pl line 65.
Updating column property_id in table test_environment_map ...
Old: integer NOT NULL
New: integer
Populating test_case_run_status table ...
Populating test_case_status table ...
</i>

However the main problem I have is that testopia does not appear on
the Bugzilla home page! Looking through the "patch-3.4.4" patch file;
this change isn't being made to the home page template.

I could attempt to hack the change in; but it appears I've missed
something during the installation process... exactly when/where should
the hook be added into the home page template?

Re: Testopia installation does not add testopia link to home page

Gregary Hendricks
>>> On 5/4/2010 at 4:52 AM, in message
<[hidden email]>, James
Stocks <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I'm trying to install Testopia on Windows.
> I have a fresh install of Bugzilla 3.4.6 and I downloaded Testopia
> 3.2.1
> I manually made the changes contained in the patch file "patch-3.4.4"
> then ran checksetup.pl with one small problem that doesn't look
> related to my main problem but I will post just in case:
>
> <i>New parameter: testopia-max-allowed-plan-testers
> New parameter: testopia-debug
> Removing existing compiled templates...
> Precompiling templates...done.
>
> Checking Testopia setup ...
> Use of uninitialized value in string eq at ./extensions/testopia/code/
> install-up
> date_db.pl line 65.
> Updating column property_id in table test_environment_map ...
> Old: integer NOT NULL
> New: integer
> Populating test_case_run_status table ...
> Populating test_case_status table ...
> </i>

This is all normal though that warning I have not seen before. If this showed up during checksetup, you should be good to go.

> However the main problem I have is that testopia does not appear on
> the Bugzilla home page! Looking through the "patch-3.4.4" patch file;
> this change isn't being made to the home page template.
>
> I could attempt to hack the change in; but it appears I've missed
> something during the installation process... exactly when/where should
> the hook be added into the home page template?

Couple things to check. Make sure the Testers group got created and that you are a member of it. Second, make sure your preferences for "Viewing Testopia links" are set to ON. This should be the default for a new install.

++Greg

On May 5, 10:33 pm, "Gregary Hendricks" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> <[hidden email]>, James
>

> Stocks <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi -
>
> > I'm trying to install Testopia on Windows.
> > I have a fresh install of Bugzilla 3.4.6 and I downloaded Testopia
> > 3.2.1
> > I manually made the changes contained in the patch file "patch-3.4.4"
> > then ran checksetup.pl with one small problem that doesn't look
> > related to my main problem but I will post just in case:
>
> > <i>New parameter: testopia-max-allowed-plan-testers
> > New parameter: testopia-debug
> > Removing existing compiled templates...
> > Precompiling templates...done.
>
> > Checking Testopia setup ...
> > Use of uninitialized value in string eq at ./extensions/testopia/code/
> > install-up
> > date_db.pl line 65.
> > Updating column property_id in table test_environment_map ...
> > Old: integer NOT NULL
> > New: integer
> > Populating test_case_run_status table ...
> > Populating test_case_status table ...
> > </i>
>
> This is all normal though that warning I have not seen before. If this showed up during checksetup, you should be good to go.
>

> > However the main problem I have is that testopia does not appear on
> > the Bugzilla home page! Looking through the "patch-3.4.4" patch file;
> > this change isn't being made to the home page template.
>
> > I could attempt to hack the change in; but it appears I've missed
> > something during the installation process... exactly when/where should
> > the hook be added into the home page template?
>
> Couple things to check. Make sure the Testers group got created and that you are a member of it. Second, make sure your preferences for "Viewing Testopia links" are set to ON. This should be the default for a new install.
>
> ++Greg

Hi Greg -

Thanks for the reply; I appreciate it.

I worked around this problem by just directly going to the URL for
testopia pages. When I did this; I found a much bigger problem that
the screen was blank apart from header and footer i.e. the main body
of testopia wasn't loading. This happened in both IE and Firefox; and
both browsers reported a script error in Ext JS.
I tried upgrading Ext JS, this did nothing.
I then suspected that I needed a specific distribution and version of
JSON; and following from that I have become hopelessly lost in perl!

I'm happy to scrap my bugzilla folder and start over; I'd like to have
a clear idea of what I need to install though. Is there any
combination of bugzilla and testopia which is more tried-and-trusted
for Windows? Also, which distribution/version of perl is known to
work? (I'm a perl n00b and all I've learnt so far is that the newest
version isn't the best :p)

Cheers

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 05:08 -0700, James Stocks wrote:
> Hi Greg -
>
> Thanks for the reply; I appreciate it.

You're Welcome. :)

> I worked around this problem by just directly going to the URL for
> testopia pages. When I did this; I found a much bigger problem that
> the screen was blank apart from header and footer i.e. the main body
> of testopia wasn't loading. This happened in both IE and Firefox; and
> both browsers reported a script error in Ext JS.
> I tried upgrading Ext JS, this did nothing.
> I then suspected that I needed a specific distribution and version of
> JSON; and following from that I have become hopelessly lost in perl!
>
> I'm happy to scrap my bugzilla folder and start over; I'd like to have
> a clear idea of what I need to install though. Is there any
> combination of bugzilla and testopia which is more tried-and-trusted
> for Windows? Also, which distribution/version of perl is known to
> work? (I'm a perl n00b and all I've learnt so far is that the newest
> version isn't the best :p)

Personally, I avoid Windows whenever I can, especially for server
applications. This is just from personal bad experience. However, it
means I have never tried to install Testopia on Windows and so I don't
really have any good recommendations. I know that there have been
numerous posts in the archives of this list in which people have been
successful. One promising development is that of Strawberry Perl. I have
been trying to find time to give it a try since their latest version
came out. You may want to try this. The ActiveState Perl is pretty much
junk in my opinion.

In any case, look through the archives or see if someone else who has
more experience responds.

++Greg

Re: Testopia installation does not add testopia link to home page

csross
Hello,

I am having the same problem where the testopia toolbar does not show.  Solaris server, bugzilla 3.4.7 and testopia 2.3.1 (patch 3.4.4).  I made sure "show links" was set ON, and you see the Testopia links on the Administration/Parameters screen.  Also, when I ran checksetup.pl, I saw the modifications for testopia.

Was anyone able to get this to work?  What is the URL to go there directly?

Thank you.

Gregary Hendricks wrote

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 11:45 -0700, csross wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having the same problem where the testopia toolbar does not show.
> Solaris server, bugzilla 3.4.7 and testopia 2.3.1 (patch 3.4.4).  I made
> sure "show links" was set ON, and you see the Testopia links on the
> Administration/Parameters screen.  Also, when I ran checksetup.pl, I saw the
> modifications for testopia.
>
> Was anyone able to get this to work?  What is the URL to go there directly?

You may also want to check that your Testers group was created and that
you are a member of that group.

++Greg

RE: Testopia installation does not add testopia link to home page

csross
Hi,

Thank you.  I uninstalled and reinstalled but it may have been related
to the testopia group and such.

Thank you for your response.

Sincerely,
Christine Ross
HCCS - Experts in Healthcare Learning
(516)478-4100, x108
[hidden email]

Announcing COI-SMART!  - A new solution for tracking & managing
Conflicts of Interest.

HCCS is the leading provider of effective online training courses and
learning management systems to healthcare facilities.   HCCS has
provided over 2.5 million hours of compliance and competency training
courseware to hospitals, teaching facilities, medical schools, health
plans and other health care entities.  The HCCS Compliance Learning
Library contains expert training content in the areas of Medicare,
Medicaid, HIPAA, Harassment, Research, Patient Safety and Quality
Improvement Compliance.  The HCCS Healthcare Learning Platform (HLP) is
a healthcare specific Learning and Competency Management System.
http://www.hccs.com (516) 478-4100 or (877) 933-hccs.
contains confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient or have received this communication in
error please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies
of the original message. Thank you.

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 11:45 -0700, csross wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having the same problem where the testopia toolbar does not show.

> Solaris server, bugzilla 3.4.7 and testopia 2.3.1 (patch 3.4.4).  I
made
> sure "show links" was set ON, and you see the Testopia links on the
> Administration/Parameters screen.  Also, when I ran checksetup.pl, I
saw the
> modifications for testopia.
>
> Was anyone able to get this to work?  What is the URL to go there
directly?

You may also want to check that your Testers group was created and that
you are a member of that group.

++Greg

Re: Testopia installation does not add testopia link to home page

Bhargavi kakarla
Hi , You have to install the patch-3.4 but not patch-3.4.4 as you are using bugzilla 3.4.6 .
Regards , Bhargavi
James Stocks-2 wrote
[...]

Cheger
Hello,
Could you please explain me how to get Testopia toolbar on the main Bugzilla's page?
I've installed Bugzilla version 3.6.1 and the latest Testopia build.
In Preference i have "view_testopia" field=on.
I've added myself to Testers group.
All file from tar file were successfully installed.
[root@bugzilla bugzilla-3.6.1]# ./checksetup.pl
* This is Bugzilla 3.6.1 on perl 5.8.8
* Running on Linux 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Tue Aug 18 15:51:48 EDT 2009

Checking perl modules...
Checking for              CGI.pm (v3.21)   ok: found v3.49
Checking for          Digest-SHA (any)     ok: found v5.48
Checking for            TimeDate (v2.21)   ok: found v2.24
Checking for            DateTime (v0.28)   ok: found v0.61
Checking for   DateTime-TimeZone (v0.71)   ok: found v1.20
Checking for                 DBI (v1.41)   ok: found v1.612
Checking for    Template-Toolkit (v2.22)   ok: found v2.22
Checking for          Email-Send (v2.00)   ok: found v2.198
Checking for          Email-MIME (v1.861)  ok: found v1.903
Checking for Email-MIME-Encodings (v1.313)  ok: found v1.313
Checking for Email-MIME-Modifier (v1.442)  ok: found v1.903
Checking for                 URI (any)     ok: found v1.35
Checking for                JSON (v2.10)   ok: found v2.21
Checking for           Text-Diff (v0.35)   ok: found v1.37
Checking for          GD-Graph3d (v0.63)   ok: found v0.63

Checking available perl DBD modules...
Checking for              DBD-Pg (v1.45)    not found
Checking for           DBD-mysql (v4.00)   ok: found v4.014
Checking for          DBD-Oracle (v1.19)    not found

The following Perl modules are optional:
Checking for                  GD (v1.20)    not found
Checking for               Chart (v2.1)     not found
Checking for         Template-GD (any)      not found
Checking for          GDTextUtil (any)      not found
Checking for             GDGraph (any)      not found
Checking for            XML-Twig (any)     ok: found v3.35
Checking for          MIME-tools (v5.406)  ok: found v5.428
Checking for         libwww-perl (any)     ok: found v2.033
Checking for         PatchReader (v0.9.4)  ok: found v0.9.5
Checking for           perl-ldap (any)     ok: found v0.4001
Checking for         Authen-SASL (any)     ok: found v2.15
Checking for          RadiusPerl (any)     ok: found v0.17
Checking for           SOAP-Lite (v0.710.06) ok: found v0.712
Checking for            JSON-RPC (any)     ok: found v0.96
Checking for          Test-Taint (any)     ok: found v1.04
Checking for         HTML-Parser (v3.40)   ok: found v3.55
Checking for       HTML-Scrubber (any)     ok: found v0.08
Checking for Email-MIME-Attachment-Stripper (any)     ok: found v1.316
Checking for         Email-Reply (any)     ok: found v1.202
Checking for         TheSchwartz (any)     ok: found v1.10
Checking for      Daemon-Generic (any)     ok: found v0.71
Checking for            mod_perl (v1.999022) ok: found v2.000004
Checking for            Text-CSV (v1.06)   ok: found v1.18
Checking for XML Schema Validator (v1.10)   ok: found v1.10
Checking for   XML Schema Parser (any)     ok: found v1.01
Checking for            XML Twig (any)     ok: found v3.35
* OPTIONAL MODULES                                                    *
* Certain Perl modules are not required by Bugzilla, but by           *
* installing the latest version you gain access to additional         *
* features.                                                           *
*                                                                     *
* The optional modules you do not have installed are listed below,    *
* with the name of the feature they enable. Below that table are the  *
* commands to install each module.                                    *
* MODULE NAME * ENABLES FEATURE(S)                                    *
*          GD * Graphical Reports, New Charts, Old Charts             *
*       Chart * New Charts, Old Charts                                *
* Template-GD * Graphical Reports                                     *
*  GDTextUtil * Graphical Reports                                     *
*     GDGraph * Graphical Reports                                     *
COMMANDS TO INSTALL OPTIONAL MODULES:

             GD: /usr/bin/perl install-module.pl GD
          Chart: /usr/bin/perl install-module.pl Chart::Lines
    Template-GD: /usr/bin/perl install-module.pl Template::Plugin::GD::Image
     GDTextUtil: /usr/bin/perl install-module.pl GD::Text
        GDGraph: /usr/bin/perl install-module.pl GD::Graph

To attempt an automatic install of every required and optional module
with one command, do:

  /usr/bin/perl install-module.pl --all

Subroutine get_test_case_count redefined at Bugzilla/Bug.pm line 3057, <DATA> line 522.
Reading ./localconfig...
Checking for           DBD-mysql (v4.00)   ok: found v4.014
Checking for           MySQL (v4.1.2)  ok: found v5.0.77

Removing existing compiled templates...
Precompiling templates...done.
Fixing file permissions...

Checking Testopia setup ...
Populating test plan ACLs ...
Done checking Testopia setup.

Now that you have installed Bugzilla, you should visit the 'Parameters'
page (linked in the footer of the Administrator account) to ensure it
is set up as you wish - this includes setting the 'urlbase' option to
the correct URL.

Parameters from localconfig:
$create_htaccess = 1;
$webservergroup = 'apache';
$use_suexec = 0;
$db_driver = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = 'bugs';
$db_pass = 'bugs';
$db_port = 0;
$db_sock = '';
$db_check = 1;
$index_html = 0;
$cvsbin = '/usr/bin/cvs';
$interdiffbin = '/usr/bin/interdiff';
$diffpath = '/usr/bin';
$site_wide_secret = 'ZaSNfk486er................'

Let me know if you need anymore information!

Thank you so much!