Testopia XMlRPC API Not working in Bugzill 5.0 & Testopia 2.5

Testopia XMlRPC API Not working in Bugzill 5.0 & Testopia 2.5

Chathurika Sandarenu
Hi All,

Recently I installed Bugzilla 5.0 and Testopia 2.5. And after that Testopia XMLRPC doesn't work. Java client throws following error.

org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: The requested method 'TestRun.get_test_cases' was not found.
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:197)

This was working in Testopia 2.3. Error came only after updating. Looks like none of the methods are working TestCase.get also through the same error.

I follow the instructions on http://bugzilla.readthedocs.org/en/latest/installing/quick-start.html to install Bugzilla. And I got Testopia 2.5 from https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/webtools/testopia/testopia-2.5-BUGZILLA-4.2.tar.gz.
That says it is for Bugziall 4.2, but I used Bugziall 5.0.

Can someone help me on this. I was trying figureout the issue for few days.

Thanks and Regards,
Sandarenu.

Re: Testopia XMlRPC API Not working in Bugzill 5.0 & Testopia 2.5

Chathurika Sandarenu
On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 3:59:01 PM UTC+5:30, Chathurika Sandarenu wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Recently I installed Bugzilla 5.0 and Testopia 2.5. And after that Testopia XMLRPC doesn't work. Java client throws following error.
>
> org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: The requested method 'TestRun.get_test_cases' was not found.
> at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:197)
>
> This was working in Testopia 2.3. Error came only after updating. Looks like none of the methods are working TestCase.get also through the same error.
>
> I follow the instructions on http://bugzilla.readthedocs.org/en/latest/installing/quick-start.html to install Bugzilla. And I got Testopia 2.5 from https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/webtools/testopia/testopia-2.5-BUGZILLA-4.2.tar.gz.
> That says it is for Bugziall 4.2, but I used Bugziall 5.0.
>
> Can someone help me on this. I was trying figureout the issue for few days.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Sandarenu.

I noticed one other thing. According the bugziall REST API https://bugzilla.readthedocs.org/en/5.0/api/core/v1/general.html#authentication guide http://localhost/rest/version should return the version. But in my case it also return 404. Is there some configuration I have to set inorder to enable web services?

Regards,
Sanarenu.

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 4:20:51 PM UTC+5:30, Chathurika Sandarenu wrote:

> On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 3:59:01 PM UTC+5:30, Chathurika Sandarenu wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Recently I installed Bugzilla 5.0 and Testopia 2.5. And after that Testopia XMLRPC doesn't work. Java client throws following error.
> >
> > org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: The requested method 'TestRun.get_test_cases' was not found.
> > at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:197)
> >
> > This was working in Testopia 2.3. Error came only after updating. Looks like none of the methods are working TestCase.get also through the same error.
> >
> > I follow the instructions on http://bugzilla.readthedocs.org/en/latest/installing/quick-start.html to install Bugzilla. And I got Testopia 2.5 from https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/webtools/testopia/testopia-2.5-BUGZILLA-4.2.tar.gz.
> > That says it is for Bugziall 4.2, but I used Bugziall 5.0.
> >
> > Can someone help me on this. I was trying figureout the issue for few days.
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Sandarenu.
>

> I noticed one other thing. According the bugziall REST API https://bugzilla.readthedocs.org/en/5.0/api/core/v1/general.html#authentication guide http://localhost/rest/version should return the version. But in my case it also return 404. Is there some configuration I have to set inorder to enable web services?
>
> Regards,
> Sanarenu.

I manged to get Bugzilla REST API working. Had to install apache mod_rewrite. But the issue with testopia XMLRPC is still there. It would be a great help if someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks and Regads,
Sandarenu.