Testopia Installation

jasreet
Hi All,

  I have installed the bugzilla 3.4.8 on windows.
  Now i want to install the testopa.
  I have downloaded 2.1. version of testopia. Trying to follow the
steps as on   "https://wiki.mozilla.org/Testopia:README".

 I have problem understanding the third step in the installation which
says
"Download GNU Patch and install it in a directory in your path.
It can be downloaded from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm
"

I have dowloaded the patch,but do not know how to install this.

And also the next step "Change PERL "shebang" paths from native *nix,
to a Windows Format.
If you have MySQL Server installed, the Replace utility does a great
job at this: ", I am unable to understand this.

Can someone who has installed testopia on windows ,help me.

Re: Testopia Installation

Gregary Hendricks-2
On Oct 13, 11:08 pm, jasreet <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  I have problem understanding the third step in the installation which
> says
> "Download GNU Patch and install it in a directory in your path.
> It can be downloaded fromhttp://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm
> "
Once you have patch.exe, you have to run it from the command line. The
regular installation steps for linux have the command you type. (looks
liek patch -p0 -i testopia/patch-3.4.patch or something like that)

> I have dowloaded the patch,but do not know how to install this.
>
> And also the next step "Change PERL "shebang" paths from native *nix,
> to a Windows Format.
> If you have MySQL Server installed, the Replace utility does a great
> job at this: ", I am unable to understand this.

You need to open each of the .cgi files and change the first line of
the file which looks lie #!/usr/bin/perl to #!/<path to perl.exe>
Hope this helps.

++Greg