Terms: page/tab

Eduardo Trápani
Hi,

I was translating this:

* Choose &tabCrashed.restoreTab; or &tabCrashed.restoreAll; to reload
the page/pages. [1][2]

First of all, it didn't look very l10n friendly, with the "page/pages"
at the end.

But then there's another thing I'm not sure about. It says "pages", but
the whole file is about "tabs".

Is it ok to use both terms as synonyms? The rest of the file talks only
about tabs, as one would expect, no mention to pages.

Eduardo

[1]
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/file/tip/browser/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/aboutTabCrashed.dtd#l21
[2]
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/it/firefox/browser/chrome/browser/aboutTabCrashed.dtd/?string=172060

Re: Terms: page/tab

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
I believe that's a way to avoid repeating tabs too many time (a tab
maps to one page).

Personally I don't like the page/pages solution, and translated it as
"reload the page (or the pages)".

Francesco

On 2017-09-21 13:22, Francesco Lodolo wrote:
> I believe that's a way to avoid repeating tabs too many time (a tab
> maps to one page).

Actually, in Nightly at least, even if you press ^N you get a new window
with a single tab, so in the end it's going to be a 1:1 relationship and
we could end up using either, I guess.

> Personally I don't like the page/pages solution, and translated it as
> "reload the page (or the pages)".

Yes, finally I went down that road too.

And I found a way to see it in action. If you kill one webcontent
process, you get the message about a single tab (even if may tabs were
assigned to that webcontent, one complains, the rest will simply reload).

And if you kill more than one webcontent process, then you get the
message we are talking about, with the options for a single or a
multiple restore.

Tabs are working great!!

Eduardo.