Technology of work (performance) JavaScript engine, including Spidermonkey (Mozilla Firefox)

Technology of work (performance) JavaScript engine, including Spidermonkey (Mozilla Firefox)

seminarbarnaul
Hello everyone
He became interested in opportunities offered Mozilla project
unfortunately I do not have the appropriate education, but really want to understand the Spidermonkey engine operation details in a browser FireFox
Q: Who can explain in detail the process of execution of JavaScript browser?
Interested in detail how the browser reads JavaScript? as an executable embedded objects

Re: Technology of work (performance) JavaScript engine, including Spidermonkey (Mozilla Firefox)

Jason Orendorff-2
On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 10:33 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone
> He became interested in opportunities offered Mozilla project
> unfortunately I do not have the appropriate education, [...]

Well, what kind of background do you have? Have you done any programming?
What kind?

Q: Who can explain in detail the process of execution of JavaScript browser?
> Interested in detail how the browser reads JavaScript? as an executable
> embedded objects

The browser fetches web pages and other files from the internet. It reads
the files to determine which parts are JavaScript. SpiderMonkey translates
the JavaScript into an internal form called "bytecode", a list of
instructions. There is code in SpiderMonkey called the "interpreter" that
can carry out these instructions one by one.

There's a bit more to it than that. If I knew a little about your
background I could explain better.

-j

Re: Technology of work (performance) JavaScript engine, including Spidermonkey (Mozilla Firefox)

Benjamin Kircher

> On 29 Mar 2016, at 15:53, Jason Orendorff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 10:33 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone
>> He became interested in opportunities offered Mozilla project
>> unfortunately I do not have the appropriate education, [...]
>

> Well, what kind of background do you have? Have you done any programming?
> What kind?
>
> Q: Who can explain in detail the process of execution of JavaScript browser?
>> Interested in detail how the browser reads JavaScript? as an executable
>> embedded objects
>>

> The browser fetches web pages and other files from the internet. It reads
> the files to determine which parts are JavaScript. SpiderMonkey translates
> the JavaScript into an internal form called "bytecode", a list of
> instructions. There is code in SpiderMonkey called the "interpreter" that
> can carry out these instructions one by one.
>
> There's a bit more to it than that. If I knew a little about your
> background I could explain better.

Maybe good pointers are:

    * Ariya Hidayat - JavaScript and the Browser: Under the Hood [1]
    * And SpiderMonkey docs at MDN [2]

[1] https://youtu.be/dibzLw4wPms
[2] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/SpiderMonkey

BK