TYping in Firefox ...

Jonathan Ludwig
... doesn't work correctly. Every couple of letters the cursor jumps
back one letter and starts inserting BEFORE the last letter I typed.

Example: Typing "Hello" would give "Hlloe"

Anyone else encounter this or know whats going on?

Re: TYping in Firefox ...

gwtc
Jonathan Ludwig wrote:

> ... doesn't work correctly. Every couple of letters the cursor jumps
> back one letter and starts inserting BEFORE the last letter I typed.
>
> Example: Typing "Hello" would give "Hlloe"
>
> Anyone else encounter this or know whats going on?
Typing where?  Address bar, form on website, or what?  If its a
website, post it so someone can go and check it out.  Otherwise, we
need more info.

Re: TYping in Firefox ...

Anonymous User-2
== Quote from Jonathan Ludwig ([hidden email])'s article
> ... doesn't work correctly. Every couple of letters the cursor jumps
> back one letter and starts inserting BEFORE the last letter I typed.
> Example: Typing "Hello" would give "Hlloe"
> Anyone else encounter this or know whats going on?

Ya, i get the same problem. but i don't think this is firefox specific.
What i encounter is some sort of "walking cursor". that is the cursor would move
automatically to the end of whole text area. if you click the mouse to reposition
the cursor, it starts moving towards the end again, it stops after the cursor
reaches the end. if you just keep typing your text order would get messed up. I
couldn't type any simple word in correct order without doing it 3 or 4 times.
exactly same behavior as what you say about typing "hello" and ended up with the
character order wrong.

I also find same weirdness happened also to Internet Explorer. So i am guessing
this is a problem of Windows ( Windows 2000 on my case ).  I then get alarmed so i
visited windows update yesterday and installed all recent patches. It seems that
those new patches fixed this problem.

It could be effects of some recent windows worms which took control of the cursor.

Re: TYping in Firefox ...

Ron Hunter
Jonathan Ludwig wrote:
> ... doesn't work correctly. Every couple of letters the cursor jumps
> back one letter and starts inserting BEFORE the last letter I typed.
>
> Example: Typing "Hello" would give "Hlloe"
>
> Anyone else encounter this or know whats going on?
Might run a spyware checker.....

--
Ron Hunter  [hidden email]

Re: TYping in Firefox ...

Jonathan Ludwig
I have been, doesn't detect anything. This ONLY happens in Firefox... no
other application....

Ron Hunter wrote:

> Jonathan Ludwig wrote:
>
>> ... doesn't work correctly. Every couple of letters the cursor jumps
>> back one letter and starts inserting BEFORE the last letter I typed.
>>
>> Example: Typing "Hello" would give "Hlloe"
>>
>> Anyone else encounter this or know whats going on?
>
> Might run a spyware checker.....

Re: TYping in Firefox ...

mbarmack
I've had the same problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

Re: TYping in Firefox ...

Stan-7
Jonathan Ludwig wrote:
> ... doesn't work correctly. Every couple of letters the cursor jumps
> back one letter and starts inserting BEFORE the last letter I typed.
>
> Example: Typing "Hello" would give "Hlloe"
>
> Anyone else encounter this or know whats going on?

I have the same problem and I am using Mozilla, Windows XP with all
updates applied.  I've been having this problem for months.  I don't
remember if it has happened anywhere other than when writing or
responding to E-mails.  I'll have to pay more attention to when it is
happening.

I thought maybe I am inadvertently dropping my hand on the Ctrl key and
causing some other function to happen.