TV Memory Lane (was Re: OT (was Re: Weird behavior))

TV Memory Lane (was Re: OT (was Re: Weird behavior))

The Real Bev
Yeah, I know, moved to mozilla.general <grumble...>

Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:

> The Real Bev wrote:
>> Ed Mullen wrote:
>
>>> The video wasn't worth the watching but your ref to Les Nessman was! :-)
>>
>> That was really a good show.  One of the really lousy things about
>> growing up is watching favorite actors get old and die.  Best comedy
>> series of all time:  Soap.  Damn, TV really hasn't had much worth
>> watching for a long time.  I used to be willing to give new shows a
>> chance, but not any more unless there's something really special.  Like
>> 'Bustle'.

I MEANT HUSTLE!  Involves a gang of personable Brit con-persons.  A
don't-miss thing, and there aren't many of those.  I also liked the Brit
'Coupling'.  The yank version sucked badly.

> Rowan and Martin's Laugh In.

Unreliable.  Some good, more not.  I especially like Mission Impossible
because I recognize so many of the places.  The Pasadena courthouse is
frequently the embassy/capitol/whatever of The People's Republic of
<canonical foreign name> and Barney was a Pasadena boy.

Re: TV Memory Lane (was Re: OT (was Re: Weird behavior))

Daniel Brandes
The Real Bev schrieb:

> Yeah, I know, moved to mozilla.general <grumble...>
>
> Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
>
>> The Real Bev wrote:

>>> That was really a good show.  One of the really lousy things about
>>> growing up is watching favorite actors get old and die.  Best comedy
>>> series of all time:  Soap.  Damn, TV really hasn't had much worth
>>> watching for a long time.  I used to be willing to give new shows a
>>> chance, but not any more unless there's something really special.
>>> Like 'Bustle'.
>
> I MEANT HUSTLE!  Involves a gang of personable Brit con-persons.  A
> don't-miss thing, and there aren't many of those.  I also liked the Brit
> 'Coupling'.  The yank version sucked badly.
>
>> Rowan and Martin's Laugh In.
>
> Unreliable.  Some good, more not.  I especially like Mission Impossible
> because I recognize so many of the places.  The Pasadena courthouse is
> frequently the embassy/capitol/whatever of The People's Republic of
> <canonical foreign name> and Barney was a Pasadena boy.

I've heard the new MI:III is located in Praque and Berlin
particularly... The Reichstag was chosen to be a place of deed.

Re: TV Memory Lane

The Real Bev
Daniel Brandes wrote:

> The Real Bev schrieb:
>> Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
>>> Rowan and Martin's Laugh In.
>>
>> Unreliable.  Some good, more not.  I especially like Mission Impossible
>> because I recognize so many of the places.  The Pasadena courthouse is
>> frequently the embassy/capitol/whatever of The People's Republic of
>> <canonical foreign name> and Barney was a Pasadena boy.
>>
> I've heard the new MI:III is located in Praque and Berlin
> particularly... The Reichstag was chosen to be a place of deed.

The moviess are crap.  Total, unmitigated crap.  Might as well give them
a different name. Tom Cruise is no Peter Graves, and he certainly isn't
Steven Hill, who was really a pretty boy when he was a kid.

How different would MI have been had there been email and cellphones in
1966?  Discuss amongst yourselves...