TBird email account auto-configuration setup for ISP

TBird email account auto-configuration setup for ISP

Fabian A. Santiago
Hello,

I run my own email server and am attempting to setup email auto-configuration, via the ISP method detailed at:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Thunderbird/Autoconfiguration

i have my xml file in place and on a browser that has never seen my domain before i can hit it just fine at the listed path. from other previously used browsers, and due to the fact the domain in question uses HSTS, i cannot hit the page as it's only listening on port 80 as your doc shows.

my question is, does Thunderbird honor HSTS when looking for the xml file, thus preventing it from hitting mine at an HSTS protected domain?

or is there something else wrong?

Fabian S.