TB needs!

Nolan Cooper
  I think it would be very nice to have a feature that when one is
following a thread that when an email was opened that it would
automagically page to the end of the email. That way one would not
need to page down 6,7, or as high as 10+ times.

What so you think??

First request ever, and I started with Netscape in 1989.  Don't
remember the version :-[
nolan

Re: TB needs!

Mouse-12
> I think it would be very nice to have a feature that when one is
> following a thread that when an email was opened that it would
> automagically page to the end of the email.  That way one would not
> need to page down 6,7, or as high as 10+ times.

> What so you think??

I think it's a mighty poor substitute for cultivating correspondents
polite enough to trim quoted material for relevance.

/~\ The ASCII  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML [hidden email]
/ \ Email!     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B

Re: TB needs!

Jay Garcia
On 19.10.2008 21:29, Nolan Cooper wrote:

> First request ever, and I started with Netscape in 1989.  Don't
> remember the version :-[
> nolan

1989, 'eh? Hmmm, Netscape's first ever beta release was in 1994 and the
version was 0.9. You a fan of H.G. Wells and The Time Machine? :-D

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org

Re: TB needs!

The Real Bev
Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 19.10.2008 21:29, Nolan Cooper wrote:

When was Mosaic released?  I remember having both of the running.

Re: TB needs!

Miles-4
* Nolan Cooper wrote, On 10/19/2008 19:29:
>   I think it would be very nice to have a feature that when one is
> following a thread that when an email was opened that it would
> automagically page to the end of the email. That way one would not
> need to page down 6,7, or as high as 10+ times.
>
> nolan

Rather than page down several times why not hit End?
Miles

Re: TB needs!

Jay Garcia
On 19.10.2008 22:36, The Real Bev wrote:

>> On 19.10.2008 21:29, Nolan Cooper wrote:

1993, almost a year prior to Netscape 0.9.

I have most of the original site on my UFAQ:

http://www.ufaq.org/MCOM/home.mcom.com/

Have fun with the memories. :-)

Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 19.10.2008 22:36, The Real Bev wrote:
>> Jay Garcia wrote:

>>> 1989, 'eh? Hmmm, Netscape's first ever beta release was in 1994 and the
>>> version was 0.9. You a fan of H.G. Wells and The Time Machine? :-D
>>
>> When was Mosaic released?  I remember having both of the running.
>
> 1993, almost a year prior to Netscape 0.9.
>
> I have most of the original site on my UFAQ:
>
> http://www.ufaq.org/MCOM/home.mcom.com/
>
> Have fun with the memories. :-)

I thought JWZ was involved with Mosaic.  Wrong?

I installed Netscape .9 on my machine at work (they had to give me a
private modem line, I couldn't use the network) in order to show
Management that the site the hotshot web designers were trying to sell
them took MINUTES to load instead of the seconds it took to "load" on
the demo Apple machine in the conference room.

I installed Mosaic because a friend said I needed to use it to use the
JPL site.  She was wrong.

Re: TB needs!

Nolan Cooper-2
Miles wrote:

> * Nolan Cooper wrote, On 10/19/2008 19:29:
>>   I think it would be very nice to have a feature that when one is
>> following a thread that when an email was opened that it would
>> automagically page to the end of the email. That way one would not
>> need to page down 6,7, or as high as 10+ times.
>>
>> nolan
>
> Rather than page down several times why not hit End?
> Miles
OT in a whizBang! My head is still spinning!
I remember down loading Mosaic in '89' or early '90',
and I guess I did not IIRC, or RC your _choice_ in regard to
Netscape. Sure thought it was in the same time frame. O"well.

Lots of water under the bridge.

thanks Miles, I knew about that, *Still my question* --a feature.
nolan