TB: DOes it have a way to search message contents?

TB: DOes it have a way to search message contents?

Al Dykes
Can TB search the message contents of the messages?

It's been ages since I used some other GUI news reader
but ISTR that there was a search in body option.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Re: TB: DOes it have a way to search message contents?

gwtc
Al Dykes wrote:
> Can TB search the message contents of the messages?
>
> It's been ages since I used some other GUI news reader
> but ISTR that there was a search in body option.

did you actually open your eyes look or did you come here and asked,
because if you looked, then you would have seen it under Edit, Find,
Search Messages

Re: TB: DOes it have a way to search message contents?

Al Dykes
In article <diukt5$[hidden email]>,
gwtc  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Al Dykes wrote:
>> Can TB search the message contents of the messages?
>>
>> It's been ages since I used some other GUI news reader
>> but ISTR that there was a search in body option.
>>
>did you actually open your eyes look or did you come here and asked,
>because if you looked, then you would have seen it under Edit, Find,
>Search Messages

Yes.

All that give me is search subject or sender.

I don't see a search contents choice.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Re: TB: DOes it have a way to search message contents?

Wangshanpo
Al Dykes wrote:

> In article <diukt5$[hidden email]>,
> gwtc  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Al Dykes wrote:
>>
>>>Can TB search the message contents of the messages?
>>>
>>>It's been ages since I used some other GUI news reader
>>>but ISTR that there was a search in body option.
>>>

>>did you actually open your eyes look or did you come here and asked,
>>because if you looked, then you would have seen it under Edit, Find,
>>Search Messages
>

> Yes.
>
> All that give me is search subject or sender.
>
> I don't see a search contents choice.

Hi
I'm using Moz 1.7.12 and there is no such option there either. A real pain.

WSP wrote:

> Al Dykes wrote:
>
>> In article <diukt5$[hidden email]>,
>> gwtc  <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> did you actually open your eyes look or did you come here and asked,
>>> because if you looked, then you would have seen it under Edit, Find,
>>> Search Messages
>>

>> Yes.
>> All that give me is search subject or sender.
>> I don't see a search contents choice.
>>
> Hi
> I'm using Moz 1.7.12 and there is no such option there either. A real pain.
Hi Al
yes you can search messages for content. It is a two (or more)stage
operation. I just got this from the Moz forum by good mannered reply.
Go to Search messages and search for messages according to the word you
wish to find in subject or body or whatever. This returns the list of
all headers for the search.
Then you must open each message to find what you are looking for.

Al Dykes wrote:

> In article <diukt5$[hidden email]>,
> gwtc  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Al Dykes wrote:
>>
>>>Can TB search the message contents of the messages?
>>>
>>>It's been ages since I used some other GUI news reader
>>>but ISTR that there was a search in body option.
>>>

>>did you actually open your eyes look or did you come here and asked,
>>because if you looked, then you would have seen it under Edit, Find,
>>Search Messages
>

> Yes.
>
> All that give me is search subject or sender.
>
> I don't see a search contents choice.

are you looking while under the newsgroup account or are you looking
at it while in your email account?  Two different sets of searches.
The email one will search the message body, while the newsgroup doesn't.

WSP wrote:

> Al Dykes wrote:
>
>> In article <diukt5$[hidden email]>,
>> gwtc  <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> did you actually open your eyes look or did you come here and asked,
>>> because if you looked, then you would have seen it under Edit, Find,
>>> Search Messages
>>

>> Yes.
>> All that give me is search subject or sender.
>> I don't see a search contents choice.
>>
> Hi
> I'm using Moz 1.7.12 and there is no such option there either. A real pain.
The OP was using TB, which is located somewhere different than in Moz.
  In Moz you will find it under Tools, Search Messages.

gwtc wrote:

> WSP wrote:
>
>> Al Dykes wrote:

>>> Yes.
>>> All that give me is search subject or sender. I don't see a search
>>> contents choice.
>>>
>> Hi
>> I'm using Moz 1.7.12 and there is no such option there either. A real
>> pain.
>
> The OP was using TB, which is located somewhere different than in Moz.
>  In Moz you will find it under Tools, Search Messages.
Got that - thanks

Re: TB: DOes it have a way to search message contents?

Al Dykes
In article <dj0tc0$[hidden email]>,
gwtc  <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Al Dykes wrote:
>
>> In article <diukt5$[hidden email]>,
>> gwtc  <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>>did you actually open your eyes look or did you come here and asked,
>>>because if you looked, then you would have seen it under Edit, Find,
>>>Search Messages
>>

>> Yes.
>>
>> All that give me is search subject or sender.
>>
>> I don't see a search contents choice.
>>
>are you looking while under the newsgroup account or are you looking
>at it while in your email account?  Two different sets of searches.
>The email one will search the message body, while the newsgroup doesn't.

I'm in a newsgroup account and it seems I can't search message bodies
for content.

Al Dykes wrote:

> In article <dj0tc0$[hidden email]>,
> gwtc  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Al Dykes wrote:

>>>Yes.
>>>
>>>All that give me is search subject or sender.
>>>
>>>I don't see a search contents choice.
>>>

>>are you looking while under the newsgroup account or are you looking
>>at it while in your email account?  Two different sets of searches.
>>The email one will search the message body, while the newsgroup doesn't.
>

> I'm in a newsgroup account and it seems I can't search message bodies
> for content.

isn't that what I said?  You can't search message bodies while in
newsgroups, only in your email account.  However, I could be wrong on
this, but if you downloaded the newsgroup messages for offline
reading, then you might be able to search the message bodies. I don't
know cause I've never tried it.