Synch'ing Profiles...?

Martin Rosenfeld-2
I want to use Thunderbird on two OS/2 (eCS) computers connected on a
home network. Is there any way that I could synch their profiles,
specifically the mail and Local Folders files? If  I just synch the
files the last accessed file will be considered the newest, but the same
files on each computer may contain entries not contained in the other.

Would it be easier, and is it possible, to use the profile on one
machine via my network for the other machine's Thunderbird?

Martin Rosenfeld

Re: Synch'ing Profiles...?

Dave Yeo-3
Martin Rosenfeld wrote:
> I want to use Thunderbird on two OS/2 (eCS) computers connected on a
> home network. Is there any way that I could synch their profiles,
> specifically the mail and Local Folders files? If  I just synch the
> files the last accessed file will be considered the newest, but the same
> files on each computer may contain entries not contained in the other.

Yes syncing won't easily work as one mbox file will overwrite the other
and as you say, they may contain different entries.
If you use IMAP, that might not be a problem. Of course if you use IMAP,
then you don't have to share the profiles

> Would it be easier, and is it possible, to use the profile on one
> machine via my network for the other machine's Thunderbird?

That should work as long as you're careful to never access the profile
from more then one instance of TB as TB may not be aware that another
instance is accessing the file[s]
Dave