Survey Request: Legitimate?

David E. Ross-3
I just received an E-mail message supposedly from the "BMO Team"
(bugzilla.mozilla.org??).  It requests that I complete a survey.  The
From address is <[hidden email]>; note the "e".  The survey is
supposedly at
<https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=7a1d21744c2b6ed97b0c784d91fb5873fc7b60989f9ff5fc0057ae965c5aca13592ffaf5042ee1e4faa27cc269cedbd5634e208192e38991>.

Is this truly from Mozilla?  Is this legitimate?

Crossposted to mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.dev.planning.
Followup-To mozilla.dev.planning

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com>

Consider:
*  Most state mandate that drivers have liability insurance.
*  Employers are mandated to have worker's compensation insurance.
*  If you live in a flood zone, flood insurance is mandatory.
*  If your home has a mortgage, fire insurance is mandatory.

Why then is mandatory health insurance so bad??

Re: Survey Request: Legitimate?

Emma Humphries
Hi David,

Yes, the survey is legitimate.

-- Emma

On 3/31/2017 8:44 AM, Emma Humphries wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Yes, the survey is legitimate.
>
> -- Emma
>
>> On Mar 31, 2017, at 08:06, David E. Ross <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I just received an E-mail message supposedly from the "BMO Team"
>> (bugzilla.mozilla.org??).  It requests that I complete a survey.  The
>> From address is <[hidden email]>; note the "e".  The survey is
>> supposedly at
>> <https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=7a1d21744c2b6ed97b0c784d91fb5873fc7b60989f9ff5fc0057ae965c5aca13592ffaf5042ee1e4faa27cc269cedbd5634e208192e38991>.
>>

>> Is this truly from Mozilla?  Is this legitimate?
>>
>> Crossposted to mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.dev.planning.
>> Followup-To mozilla.dev.planning

Given that you are the source of the original E-mail message and that
your E-mail address does not appear as the Assignee, Reporter, QA
Contact, or Commenter for ANY bug report at bugzilla.mozilla.org -- open
or closed, for any classification, product, or component  -- I need
someone else to confirm the legitimacy of this before I select the link
to the survey.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com>

Consider:
*  Most state mandate that drivers have liability insurance.
*  Employers are mandated to have worker's compensation insurance.
*  If you live in a flood zone, flood insurance is mandatory.
*  If your home has a mortgage, fire insurance is mandatory.

Why then is mandatory health insurance so bad??

Re: Survey Request: Legitimate?

Gijs Kruitbosch ("Hannibal")
On 31/03/2017 17:46, David E. Ross wrote:

> On 3/31/2017 8:44 AM, Emma Humphries wrote:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Yes, the survey is legitimate.
>>
>> -- Emma
>>
>>> On Mar 31, 2017, at 08:06, David E. Ross <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just received an E-mail message supposedly from the "BMO Team"
>>> (bugzilla.mozilla.org??).  It requests that I complete a survey.  The
>>> From address is <[hidden email]>; note the "e".  The survey is
>>> supposedly at
>>> <https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=7a1d21744c2b6ed97b0c784d91fb5873fc7b60989f9ff5fc0057ae965c5aca13592ffaf5042ee1e4faa27cc269cedbd5634e208192e38991>.
>>>

>>> Is this truly from Mozilla?  Is this legitimate?
>>>
>>> Crossposted to mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.dev.planning.
>>> Followup-To mozilla.dev.planning
>
> Given that you are the source of the original E-mail message and that
> your E-mail address does not appear as the Assignee, Reporter, QA
> Contact, or Commenter for ANY bug report at bugzilla.mozilla.org -- open
> or closed, for any classification, product, or component  -- I need
> someone else to confirm the legitimacy of this before I select the link
> to the survey.

Last I checked, newsgroup from: emails aren't verified (case in point:
your email address of [hidden email] !), but in any case, Emma
is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/user_profile?login=ehumphries and most
definitely has BMO activity.

~ Gijs

Re: Survey Request: Legitimate?

Lawrence Mandel-2
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 12:46 PM, David E. Ross <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 3/31/2017 8:44 AM, Emma Humphries wrote:
> > Hi David,
> >
> > Yes, the survey is legitimate.
> >
> > -- Emma
> >
> >> On Mar 31, 2017, at 08:06, David E. Ross <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I just received an E-mail message supposedly from the "BMO Team"
> >> (bugzilla.mozilla.org??).  It requests that I complete a survey.  The
> >> From address is <[hidden email]>; note the "e".  The survey is
> >> supposedly at
> >> <https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=7a1d21744c2b6ed97b0c784d91fb58
> 73fc7b60989f9ff5fc0057ae965c5aca13592ffaf5042ee1e4faa27cc269
> cedbd5634e208192e38991>.
> >>

> >> Is this truly from Mozilla?  Is this legitimate?
> >>
> >> Crossposted to mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.dev.planning.
> >> Followup-To mozilla.dev.planning
>
> Given that you are the source of the original E-mail message and that
> your E-mail address does not appear as the Assignee, Reporter, QA
> Contact, or Commenter for ANY bug report at bugzilla.mozilla.org -- open
> or closed, for any classification, product, or component  -- I need
> someone else to confirm the legitimacy of this before I select the link
> to the survey.

I can confirm that this is a legitimate survey.

Here's a slice of my Bugzilla history in case this helps your verification:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=13516589&emaillongdesc1=1&emailtype1=exact&emailassigned_to1=1&email1=lmandel%40mozilla.com&emailreporter1=1&query_format=advanced&emailqa_contact1=1

Lawrence

Re: Survey Request: Legitimate?

Anne van Kesteren
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 6:46 PM, David E. Ross <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Given that you are the source of the original E-mail message and that
> your E-mail address does not appear as the Assignee, Reporter, QA
> Contact, or Commenter for ANY bug report at bugzilla.mozilla.org -- open
> or closed, for any classification, product, or component  -- I need
> someone else to confirm the legitimacy of this before I select the link
> to the survey.

You could check the dev.planning archives. Anyway, it's an actual
survey, hosted on a mozilla.com subdomain (after redirects).

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/

Re: Survey Request: Legitimate?

WaltS48-5
On 3/31/17 11:06 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
> I just received an E-mail message supposedly from the "BMO Team"
> (bugzilla.mozilla.org??).  It requests that I complete a survey.  The
>  From address is <[hidden email]>; note the "e".  The survey is
> supposedly at
> <https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=7a1d21744c2b6ed97b0c784d91fb5873fc7b60989f9ff5fc0057ae965c5aca13592ffaf5042ee1e4faa27cc269cedbd5634e208192e38991>.
>

> Is this truly from Mozilla?  Is this legitimate?

I would say it is legitimate.

<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Bugmasters>

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Windows 10

CONCLUDED Re: Survey Request: Legitimate?

David E. Ross-3
On 3/31/2017 8:06 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

> I just received an E-mail message supposedly from the "BMO Team"
> (bugzilla.mozilla.org??).  It requests that I complete a survey.  The
> From address is <[hidden email]>; note the "e".  The survey is
> supposedly at
> <https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=7a1d21744c2b6ed97b0c784d91fb5873fc7b60989f9ff5fc0057ae965c5aca13592ffaf5042ee1e4faa27cc269cedbd5634e208192e38991>.
>

> Is this truly from Mozilla?  Is this legitimate?
>
> Crossposted to mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.dev.planning.
> Followup-To mozilla.dev.planning

OKAY!  I will do it.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com>

Consider:
*  Most state mandate that drivers have liability insurance.
*  Employers are mandated to have worker's compensation insurance.
*  If you live in a flood zone, flood insurance is mandatory.
*  If your home has a mortgage, fire insurance is mandatory.

Why then is mandatory health insurance so bad??

Re: Survey Request: Legitimate?

Gervase Markham
> From address is <[hidden email]>; note the "e".  The survey is
> supposedly at
> <https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=7a1d21744c2b6ed97b0c784d91fb5873fc7b60989f9ff5fc0057ae965c5aca13592ffaf5042ee1e4faa27cc269cedbd5634e208192e38991>.

Given that this server is inside the mozilla.org domain and therefore
the name is under the control of Mozilla, what circumstances can you
imagine where this survey would not be legitimate?

Gerv