Sunbird memory footprint

Damian-5
Is there no way to make this smaller? It's the one thing that stops me
moving over to Sunbird completely. I still use M$ Schedule+ back from
1997(ish) just because it sits in the background taking less than 5Mb of
memory. Even that seems a lot to me, but Sunbird was over 20Mb when I
last checked. Why on earth should a calendar app take up that much memory??

I've just read about iCalMinder which may help .. so that Sunbird itself
only has to be opened when you're directly editing the calendar. How big
is iCalMinder's footprint? I've also just read that it only works with
calendar files stored on the net (weird), so that's no good for me, but
a good idea.

Damian

Re: iCalMinder (was: Sunbird memory footprint)

Rod Whiteley
Damian wrote:
> ...How big is iCalMinder's footprint? I've also just read that it only works with
> calendar files stored on the net (weird)...

I tried it, specifying a file URL to point it at an ICS file on my local
machine.  It seems to be using less than 2 MB of memory.

--
Rod Whiteley