Sunbird - Method Not Allowed

craigw
I'm running Apache 2.0.55 and Sunbird 0.3a1 on Windows and I get a 405
error when I publish the calendar to the webserver. The httpd.conf file
is configured per the instructions on the Apache site. All users have
full control of the directory so there shouldn't be any issue with write
permissions. Seems everyone else has this working so if you have any
thoughts it would be appreciated. Thanks - Craig

Re: Sunbird - Method Not Allowed

Rod Whiteley
craigw wrote:
> I'm running Apache 2.0.55 and Sunbird 0.3a1 on Windows and I get a 405
> error when I publish the calendar to the webserver. The httpd.conf file
> is configured per the instructions on the Apache site. All users have
> full control of the directory so there shouldn't be any issue with write
> permissions. Seems everyone else has this working so if you have any
> thoughts it would be appreciated. Thanks - Craig

Apache does not provide full HTTP support by default.  You have to make
it load mod_dav and do some other things that mod_dav requires.  For the
directory, ensure that the PUT method is allowed and DAV is turned on.

The example in the help has some more details.  Although it is for
Linux, I was able to use it to configure Apache on Windows:

http://calendarhelp.mozdev.org/open.xul?topic=server:example

--
Rod Whiteley

Rod Whiteley wrote:

> craigw wrote:
>> I'm running Apache 2.0.55 and Sunbird 0.3a1 on Windows and I get a 405
>> error when I publish the calendar to the webserver. The httpd.conf
>> file is configured per the instructions on the Apache site. All users
>> have full control of the directory so there shouldn't be any issue
>> with write permissions. Seems everyone else has this working so if you
>> have any thoughts it would be appreciated. Thanks - Craig
>
> Apache does not provide full HTTP support by default.  You have to make
> it load mod_dav and do some other things that mod_dav requires.  For the
> directory, ensure that the PUT method is allowed and DAV is turned on.
>
> The example in the help has some more details.  Although it is for
> Linux, I was able to use it to configure Apache on Windows:
>
> http://calendarhelp.mozdev.org/open.xul?topic=server:example

Thanks - working now