Sunbird Event Repeat Idea

D. Brown
instead of repeating the same event side by side with the same title, how about using a tail-like pointer that graphically indicates an end date. Look at example http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p200/kneilo_yute/?action=view&current=sunbirdexample.jpg
--
通稱 №四™
"Albert Einstein: When the solution is simple, God is answering."

Re: Sunbird Event Repeat Idea

Daniel Brown-5
On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 11:35 PM, D. Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  instead of repeating the same event side by side with the same title, how
> about using a tail-like pointer that graphically indicates an end date. Look
> at example
> http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p200/kneilo_yute/?action=view&current=sunbirdexample.jpg

    I'm +1 on my fellow D. Brown's proposal here.  I think it looks
much cleaner.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Ask me about:

Re: Sunbird Event Repeat Idea

ovidiu grigorescu
D. Brown wrote:

> instead of repeating the same event side by side with the same title,
> how about using a tail-like pointer that graphically indicates an end
> date. Look at example
> http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p200/kneilo_yute/?action=view&current=sunbirdexample.jpg
> --
> 通稱 №四™
> /"Albert Einstein: When the solution is simple, God is answering."/

I subscribe to this, and would develop more for the sake of consistency.
Like how will weekly repeating events look like? Or, shouldn't be there
a discontinuous representation of the arrow line for repeating events vs
a continuous for multyday ones?

I also added a link to your post and your picture in a different group
and thread, for another topic, specifically about the representation in
calendar grid of tasks without a start or end date. If it's of your
interest, see it, if not, it's an interesting idea for such also (so
thanks for that img ..)

thread in
mozilla.dev.apps.calendar
called
Removing 'tasks in view' functionality?
or on web go for
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1-udnZ2dX72aQJ7VnZ2dnUVZ_oOnnZ2d%40mozilla.org

--
ovidiu

Re: Sunbird Event Repeat Idea

D. Brown
the idea needs some polishing, i like the weekly repeat idea mentioned
as well. in week view of sunbird 0.8, for multiple events on the same
day that overlap in time, i think it does a reasonable job of repetition
representation, but when only one event occurs for that say, it fills
the width of that day with colour, which looks unattractive.

more on week view
if more than one event exsits for a particular day and spans, maybe more
than three or four hours, if event title is written vertically, there
would be more space for text, see example:
http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p200/kneilo_yute/?action=view&current=sunbirdexample2.jpg

also can a task due date include an all day event if i just need to note
that it is due on the day itself
--
通稱 №四™
/"Albert Einstein: When the solution is simple, God is answering."/

Re: Sunbird Event Repeat Idea

Herre de Jonge
D. Brown wrote:
> instead of repeating the same event side by side with the same title,
> how about using a tail-like pointer that graphically indicates an end
> date. Look at example
> http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p200/kneilo_yute/?action=view&current=sunbirdexample.jpg

I think it would not be so clear when there are many scheduled
appointments. But it would be nice to be able to see which
events belong together. So maybe if you select one, they will
all be highlighted...

Regards,
    Herre