Sunbird 0.3 alpha1 released - Localizations welcome

Sunbird 0.3 alpha1 released - Localizations welcome

Simon Paquet
Hi guys,

two days ago, we released Sunbird 0.3 alpha1. The relevant English
builds
can be downloaded at
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird_download.html

Because we would like to see Sunbird spread around the world, we welcome
localizations of these builds. To localize these builds, please follow
these steps:

1. Download the relevant builds for each platform
2. Unpack the calendar.jar and en-US.jar files
3. Translate all .dtd and .properties files
4. Repackage the calendar.jar and en-US.jar files
5. Test your builds

If you have completed step 5, please announce your builds here together
with an URL from which these builds can be downloaded.

I'll then update
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird_l10n_download.html with
the links to your builds.

--
Simon Paquet

Re: Sunbird 0.3 alpha1 released - Localizations welcome

Andras Timar
Simon Paquet írta:
> Because we would like to see Sunbird spread around the world, we welcome
> localizations of these builds. To localize these builds, please follow
> these steps:

What's the news about putting calendar localisations into l10n CVS?

Thanks,
Andras

Andras Timar wrote on 06.11.2005:

>> Because we would like to see Sunbird spread around the world, we welcome
>> localizations of these builds. To localize these builds, please follow
>> these steps:
>
> What's the news about putting calendar localisations into l10n CVS?

We're working on it, but it's still some weeks maybe months away.

--
Simon Paquet

Re: Sunbird 0.3 alpha1 released - Localizations welcome

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez
Simon Paquet escribió:

> Because we would like to see Sunbird spread around the world, we welcome
> localizations of these builds. To localize these builds, please follow
> these steps:
>
> 1. Download the relevant builds for each platform
> 2. Unpack the calendar.jar and en-US.jar files
> 3. Translate all .dtd and .properties files
> 4. Repackage the calendar.jar and en-US.jar files
> 5. Test your builds

It's a bit weird to put ab-CD strings packaged as en-US, isn't it?
Shouldn't it be better to update RDFs and related files to reflect
ab-CD instead of en-US? Or is there any problem with doing that?

Regards.

--
If it's true that we are here to help others,
then what exactly are the OTHERS here for?

Re: Sunbird 0.3 alpha1 released - Localizations welcome

Cédric-5

French localisations for Windows and GNU/Linux are released :
http://frenchmozilla.sourceforge.net/FTP/Calendar/sunbird-0.3a1.fr-FR.win32.zip
http://frenchmozilla.sourceforge.net/FTP/Calendar/sunbird-0.3a1.fr-FR.linux-i686.tar.bz2

Mac build is on its way.

Regards

Cédric

(from the Frenchmozilla team)

Re: Sunbird 0.3 alpha1 released - Localizations welcome

Cédric-5
Simon,

Is there a chance to have a real localization procedure : I mean what
files or directory to modify (.manifest, .rdf, ...), not to let
en-US.jar for instance . The procedure you gave doesn't work for Mac OSX
for instance : it lets some menu items in English, due to  English.lproj.
A people who knows well packaging and localization stuff does know what
files to modify, and it will only take an hour or two for him to write a
procedure, IMHO.

Regards

Cédric

Re: Sunbird 0.3 alpha1 released - Localizations welcome

Cédric-5
The French Mac build is released :

http://frenchmozilla.sourceforge.net/FTP/Calendar/sunbird-0.3a1.fr-FR.mac.dmg

Cédric

Cédric wrote on 06.11.2005:

> Hi,

> French localisations for Windows and GNU/Linux are released :

Thanks Cedric,
I just updated the l10n downloads page.

Ricardo Palomares Martinez wrote on 06.11.2005:

>> Because we would like to see Sunbird spread around the world, we welcome
>> localizations of these builds. To localize these builds, please follow
>> these steps:
>>
>> 1. Download the relevant builds for each platform
>> 2. Unpack the calendar.jar and en-US.jar files
>> 3. Translate all .dtd and .properties files
>> 4. Repackage the calendar.jar and en-US.jar files
>> 5. Test your builds
>
> It's a bit weird to put ab-CD strings packaged as en-US, isn't it?
> Shouldn't it be better to update RDFs and related files to reflect
> ab-CD instead of en-US? Or is there any problem with doing that?

Hi Ricardo,

the way above the only way *I* know. But I'm not so deep into the l10n
business as you guys are. If you know another, perhaps better, way. Feel
free to go along and post your instructions here.

--
Simon Paquet

Re: Sunbird 0.3 alpha1 released - Localizations welcome

Marek Stepien
Simon Paquet napisał(a):
> If you have completed step 5, please announce your builds here together
> with an URL from which these builds can be downloaded.

Polish (Polski, pl) builds for Windows and Linux created by AviaryPL team:

http://beta.aviary.pl/sunbird/0.3a1/sunbird-0.3a1.pl.linux-i686.tar.bz2
http://beta.aviary.pl/sunbird/0.3a1/sunbird-0.3a1.pl.win32.zip

MD5 sums:
http://beta.aviary.pl/sunbird/0.3a1/sunbird-0.3a1.pl.linux-i686.md5sum.txt
http://beta.aviary.pl/sunbird/0.3a1/sunbird-0.3a1.pl.win32.md5sum.txt

--
Marek Stepien <marcoos at aviary dot pl>
http://www.firefox.pl/

URL for Polish Sunbird l10n homepage is http://www.aviary.pl/sunbird

Marek Stepien wrote on 07.11.2005:

>> If you have completed step 5, please announce your builds here together
>> with an URL from which these builds can be downloaded.
>
> Polish (Polski, pl) builds for Windows and Linux created by AviaryPL team:
>
> http://beta.aviary.pl/sunbird/0.3a1/sunbird-0.3a1.pl.linux-i686.tar.bz2
> http://beta.aviary.pl/sunbird/0.3a1/sunbird-0.3a1.pl.win32.zip

Thanks. I just added the builds to the website.

--
Simon Paquet

Re: Sunbird 0.3 alpha1 released - Localizations welcome

Simon Paquet
Marek Stepien wrote on 07.11.2005:

>> Polish (Polski, pl) builds for Windows and Linux created by AviaryPL
>> team:
>
> URL for Polish Sunbird l10n homepage is http://www.aviary.pl/sunbird

Ok, I changed the link. Could you please change the link on that page to
point to http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html

Thanks!

Simon Paquet napisał(a):
>> URL for Polish Sunbird l10n homepage is http://www.aviary.pl/sunbird
>
> Ok, I changed the link. Could you please change the link on that page to
> point to http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html

Done. :)

Marek Stepien napisał(a):
>>> URL for Polish Sunbird l10n homepage is http://www.aviary.pl/sunbird
>>
>> Ok, I changed the link. Could you please change the link on that page to
>> point to http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html
>
> Done. :)

Now it's http://www.sunbird.pl/ , but the old address will redirect to
the new one. :)

We intend to make this website better soon. :)

Re: Sunbird 0.3 alpha1 released - Localizations welcome

Rod Whiteley
Ricardo Palomares Martinez wrote:
> It's a bit weird to put ab-CD strings packaged as en-US, isn't it?

I agree. I put different instructions here:

http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:Translation

I am not a translator, and this is just a draft.  Please correct my
mistakes, or e-mail me, or discuss it in this group.

--
Rod Whiteley

Re: Sunbird 0.3 alpha1 released - Localizations welcome

erkan kaplan
Simon Paquet yazmış:

> Hi guys,
>
> two days ago, we released Sunbird 0.3 alpha1. The relevant English builds
> can be downloaded at
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird_download.html
>
> Because we would like to see Sunbird spread around the world, we welcome
> localizations of these builds. To localize these builds, please follow
> these steps:
>
> 1. Download the relevant builds for each platform
> 2. Unpack the calendar.jar and en-US.jar files
> 3. Translate all .dtd and .properties files
> 4. Repackage the calendar.jar and en-US.jar files
> 5. Test your builds
>
> If you have completed step 5, please announce your builds here together
> with an URL from which these builds can be downloaded.
>
> I'll then update
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird_l10n_download.html with
> the links to your builds.

Türkisch localisations for Linux, MAC and Windows:

http://erkan.linux-sevenler.org/download/sunbird/0.3alfa1/sunbird-0.3a1.tr-TR.linux-i686.tar.bz2
http://yavuz.mozilla.org.tr/sunbird/sunbird-0.3a1.tr-TR.mac.dmg
http://ademalp.linux-sevenler.org/dosyalar/mozillatr/sunbird-0.3a1.tr-TR.win32.exe

erkaN

erkan kaplan wrote on 11.11.2005:

> Türkisch localisations for Linux, MAC and Windows:
> http://erkan.linux-sevenler.org/download/sunbird/0.3alfa1/sunbird-0.3a1.tr-TR.linux-i686.tar.bz2
>
> http://yavuz.mozilla.org.tr/sunbird/sunbird-0.3a1.tr-TR.mac.dmg
> http://ademalp.linux-sevenler.org/dosyalar/mozillatr/sunbird-0.3a1.tr-TR.win32.exe

Thanks. I added the builds to our l10n downloads page.

--
Simon Paquet

Re: Sunbird 0.3 alpha1 released - Localizations welcome

Gia Shervashidze
Simon Paquet იწერება:

> Hi guys,
>
> two days ago, we released Sunbird 0.3 alpha1. The relevant English builds
> can be downloaded at
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird_download.html
>
> Because we would like to see Sunbird spread around the world, we welcome
> localizations of these builds. To localize these builds, please follow
> these steps:
>
> 1. Download the relevant builds for each platform
> 2. Unpack the calendar.jar and en-US.jar files
> 3. Translate all .dtd and .properties files
> 4. Repackage the calendar.jar and en-US.jar files
> 5. Test your builds
>
> If you have completed step 5, please announce your builds here together
> with an URL from which these builds can be downloaded.
>
> I'll then update
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird_l10n_download.html with
> the links to your builds.

Georgian localization (windows build) available:
http://www.mozillage.org/geo/downloads.php?cat_id=6&download_id=10
GIA (www.gia.ge) edition

Giasher wrote on 13.11.2005:

> Georgian localization (windows build) available:
> http://www.mozillage.org/geo/downloads.php?cat_id=6&download_id=10
> GIA (www.gia.ge) edition

Thanks. I added the build to