Summer time ending in Europe this weekend

Summer time ending in Europe this weekend

L. David Baron
This coming Sunday, October 27, most of Europe will switch off of
summer time:  clocks will move backwards one hour, giving
Europeans an extra hour of sleep.  (This excludes Russia,
Belarus, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, and Iceland, which
do not change their clocks for summer time this year.  Israel and
Lebanon also switch this Sunday, as does most of MΓ©xico.)

Since California (along with most of the US and Canada) does not
switch off of summer time until the following weekend (Sunday,
November 3), meetings fixed to California time will, **for
Europeans** observing summer time, occur one hour earlier than
normal next week (October 27 to November 2) and then return to their
normal time the following week.  For example, a meeting scheduled
for 09:00 in California is normally 18:00 in Berlin, but next week
**only** it is at 17:00.  In other words, for next week only,
California and Europe are an hour closer together.

This change also means that Europe and East Asia (where summer time
is not observed) will be one hour further apart, and will remain so
until summer time resumes in Europe next spring.

-David

--
π„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   π„‚
𝄒   Mozilla                          https://www.mozilla.org/   π„‚