Summary of UAAG requirements

Steve Lee-3
For info

http://www.webstandards.org/2007/05/20/current-browsers-and-the-user-agent-accessibility-guidelines-10/

--
Steve Lee
--
Open Source Assistive Technology Software
PowerTalk - your presentations can speak for themselves
www.fullmeasure.co.uk

Re: Summary of UAAG requirements

Aaron Leventhal-3
I haven't read the article but here are the known Firefox dependencies:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=24413&hide_resolved=1

Steve Lee wrote:
> For info
>
> http://www.webstandards.org/2007/05/20/current-browsers-and-the-user-agent-accessibility-guidelines-10/

Re: Summary of UAAG requirements

Tom Brunet
> For info
>
> http://www.webstandards.org/2007/05/20/current-browsers-and-the-user-agent-accessibility-guidelines-10/

Under his discussion for 4.14, he says that the ability to switch
between author created alternative style sheets isn't part of Firefox's
core functionality.  Am I misinterpreting what he's talking about?
Isn't this what's under View->Page Style?

Tom

Re: Summary of UAAG requirements

feather
Quoting Tom Brunet <[hidden email]>:

> Under his discussion for 4.14, he says that the ability to switch
> between author created alternative style sheets isn't part of Firefox's
> core functionality.  Am I misinterpreting what he's talking about?
> Isn't this what's under View->Page Style?

My interpretation/explanations of what Patrick is referring to:

1. while you can change styles by selecting an alternative style sheet
through View -> Page Style, that selection does not persist. One must
make this selection every time one goes to a site.

2. options that are buried in menus (though this isn't buried very
deeply) are less obvious than components of the interface that are
built into toolbars and other "notifications" such as the pop-up
blocker that shows "on-demand." Making them more obvious would be
beneficial to all, and particularly those that would benefit from the
accessibility options that more obvious controls would provide.

Cheers,
Derek.
--
Derek Featherstone
work: http://furtherahead.com

Re: Summary of UAAG requirements

bhawkeslewis
Perhaps he meant for different media types too (as with Opera, I assume).

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis