Suddenly all my tabs disappeared when I reopened Firefox!

Suddenly all my tabs disappeared when I reopened Firefox!

nickravo
My book marks are there, however. So what gives?

Re: Suddenly all my tabs disappeared when I reopened Firefox!

Ray Booysen
[hidden email] wrote:
> My book marks are there, however. So what gives?

Tabs are never reopened if you close firefox completely.

--
Ray Booysen

Re: Suddenly all my tabs disappeared when I reopened Firefox!

miscellaneousmedia
You mean every time I shut off my computer, I lose my tabs?

Ray Booysen wrote:

> [hidden email] wrote:
> > My book marks are there, however. So what gives?

> Tabs are never reopened if you close firefox completely.
>
> --
> Ray Booysen

Re: Suddenly all my tabs disappeared when I reopened Firefox!

RJack-10
[hidden email] wrote:
> You mean every time I shut off my computer, I lose my tabs?

Everytime you turn off the computer or quite FF, it will close down all the
tabs, next time you start FF you will only have the default startpage loaded.

 //Aho

Re: Suddenly all my tabs disappeared when I reopened Firefox!

Jay Garcia
On 13.01.2006 10:17, [hidden email] wrote:

> You mean every time I shut off my computer, I lose my tabs?
>

> Ray Booysen wrote:
>> [hidden email] wrote:
>> > My book marks are there, however. So what gives?

>> Tabs are never reopened if you close firefox completely.
>>
>> --
>> Ray Booysen
>> [hidden email]

Yes, unless you bookmark a set of tabs and then set your opening page to
that bookmark.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Re: Suddenly all my tabs disappeared when I reopened Firefox!

nickravo
I have done that. Never had a problem for weeks, then all of a sudden.
Wham, they were all gone. Like a virus cleared them out.

On 14.01.2006 11:40, BoB wrote:

> On 13 Jan 2006 11:06:56 -0800, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>>I have done that. Never had a problem for weeks, then all of a sudden.
>>Wham, they were all gone. Like a virus cleared them out.
>>

>>Jay Garcia wrote:
>>> On 13.01.2006 10:17, [hidden email] wrote:

Tabs are not retained after shutdown/restart in FF 1.5. There may be an
extension to do this but it is not a native feature unless you bookmark
a set of tabs and set that bookmark as your default startup homepage.

AFAIK, I haven't seen anything in the preferences.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Re: Suddenly all my tabs disappeared when I reopened Firefox!

nickravo
I did use the default homepage set up for my tabs -- and still lost
them?This has happened twice over the past few weeks. I feared a virus
at first.