Stuck with CTRL + ALT + DEL

Good Guy-2

It looks we are stuck with Ctrl+Alt+Del key strokes for a very long time
until somebody can design a new keyboard with JUST one key that can do
this.  This is according to Bill Gates who started it 35 years ago.

<http://www.alphr.com/operating-systems/1007104/bill-gates-denounces-ctrlaltdel-pins-blame-on-ibm>

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: Stuck with CTRL + ALT + DEL

Mr. Ed-2
On 9/21/17 12:06 PM, Good Guy wrote:

It looks we are stuck with Ctrl+Alt+Del key strokes for a very long time until somebody can design a new keyboard with JUST one key that can do this.  This is according to Bill Gates who started it 35 years ago.

<http://www.alphr.com/operating-systems/1007104/bill-gates-denounces-ctrlaltdel-pins-blame-on-ibm>

So it takes 3 fingers to do it.  Safety first.  Remember (are you old enough) that to fire a Bomarc missile it took only two keys.  One Canadian and one US.
--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"      Mister Ed

Re: Stuck with CTRL + ALT + DEL

Joy Beeson
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 17:06:09 +0100, Good Guy <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> It looks we are stuck with Ctrl+Alt+Del key strokes for a very long time
> until somebody can design a new keyboard with JUST one key that can do
> this.  This is according to Bill Gates who started it 35 years ago.

Considering what ctrl+alt+del does, I *want* to have to do it
deliberately.  I had a keyboard with a power switch on one key once. I
pulled its cap.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Re: Stuck with CTRL + ALT + DEL

PietB-2
Joy Beeson wrote:
> Good Guy wrote:
>> It looks we are stuck with Ctrl+Alt+Del key strokes for a very
>> long time until somebody can design a new keyboard with JUST
>> one key that can do this.  This is according to Bill Gates who
>> started it 35 years ago.
>
> Considering what ctrl+alt+del does, I *want* to have to do it
> deliberately.  I had a keyboard with a power switch on one key
> once. I pulled its cap.

The combination is pretty harmless nowadays. But given the original
"get me out of the shit" function it would have been appropriate to
assign it to the Escape key.

-p

Re: Stuck with CTRL + ALT + DEL

Mozilla - General mailing list
On 9/22/2017 10:54 AM, PietB wrote:

> Joy Beeson wrote:
>> Good Guy wrote:
>>> It looks we are stuck with Ctrl+Alt+Del key strokes for a very
>>> long time until somebody can design a new keyboard with JUST
>>> one key that can do this.  This is according to Bill Gates who
>>> started it 35 years ago.
>>
>> Considering what ctrl+alt+del does, I *want* to have to do it
>> deliberately.  I had a keyboard with a power switch on one key
>> once. I pulled its cap.
>
> The combination is pretty harmless nowadays. But given the original
> "get me out of the shit" function it would have been appropriate to
> assign it to the Escape key.
>
> -p

Why is using it a problem anyway.  I do not consider myself hardworking,
but this is taking laziness a bit far.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally.  History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember.  -Albert Goldman

On 9/21/2017 5:06 PM, Good Guy wrote:

> It looks we are stuck with Ctrl+Alt+Del key strokes for a very long time
> until somebody can design a new keyboard with JUST one key that can do
> this.  This is according to Bill Gates who started it 35 years ago.
>
> <http://www.alphr.com/operating-systems/1007104/bill-gates-denounces-ctrlaltdel-pins-blame-on-ibm>

When there's no getting over that rainbow..............

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally.  History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember.  -Albert Goldman

Re: Stuck with CTRL + ALT + DEL

Lucifer Morningstar
On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 07:40:03 +0100, Martin Edwards
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 22/09/2017 10:54 AM, PietB wrote:
>> Joy Beeson wrote:
>>>
>>> Considering what ctrl+alt+del does, I *want* to have to do it
>>> deliberately.  I had a keyboard with a power switch on one key
>>> once. I pulled its cap.
>>
>> The combination is pretty harmless nowadays. But given the original
>> "get me out of the shit" function it would have been appropriate to
>> assign it to the Escape key.
>>
>> -p
>>
>Why is using it a problem anyway.  I do not consider myself hardworking,
>but this is taking laziness a bit far.

I have an HP tablet PC with a single key alt-ctrl-del on the screen
frame.

On 9/23/2017 3:27 PM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 07:40:03 +0100, Martin Edwards
> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> The combination is pretty harmless nowadays. But given the original
>>> "get me out of the shit" function it would have been appropriate to
>>> assign it to the Escape key.
>>>
>>> -p
>>>
>> Why is using it a problem anyway.  I do not consider myself hardworking,
>> but this is taking laziness a bit far.
>
> I have an HP tablet PC with a single key alt-ctrl-del on the screen
> frame.

How interesting.