Strings in nightly that are not exposed to l10n?

Strings in nightly that are not exposed to l10n?

Eduardo Trápani
Hi,

Running nightly I find these four strings in about:preferences#privacy:

Autofill addresses

Autofill credit cards

Saved addresses...

Saved credit cards...

But they are not in Pontoon or Transvision and I didn't find them in the
dtd [1](thought I don't know if that was the right place to look for
them). Where do they come from?

Eduardo.

[1]
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/file/tip/browser/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/preferences/privacy.dtd

Re: Strings in nightly that are not exposed to l10n?

Стоян Димитров
Those are strings for a feature not ready for l10n yet.

On 29 August 2017 01:05:22 EEST, "Eduardo Trápani" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Running nightly I find these four strings in about:preferences#privacy:
>
>Autofill addresses
>
>Autofill credit cards
>
>Saved addresses...
>
>Saved credit cards...
>
>But they are not in Pontoon or Transvision and I didn't find them in
>the
>dtd [1](thought I don't know if that was the right place to look for
>them). Where do they come from?
>
>Eduardo.
>
>[1]
>https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/file/tip/browser/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/preferences/privacy.dtd

Re: Strings in nightly that are not exposed to l10n?

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Form AutoFill is currently limited to US (not just en-US), given its
nature (it needs to detect addresses, phone numbers). Unfortunately some
strings show up in Nightly, but you can ignore them.

The plan is to expose it out of mozilla-central when it's ready for
localization (like Activity Stream, Firefox Screenshots, etc.)

Francesco