Steve Lee's GUADEC blog

Aaron Leventhal-3
I found this interesting:

http://eduspaces.net/stevelee/weblog/183169.html

Re: Steve Lee's GUADEC blog

David Bolter
Aaron, thanks for the link.

"Porting pyATSPI to IAccessible2 on Win32..." caught my eye.  IA2 is
pretty close to the AT-SPI already so porting the bindings should be
groovy -- at least that's my impression.

Is there discussion about this kind of thing at the Open A11y
Teleconferences?

cheers.
David

Aaron Leventhal wrote:
> I found this interesting:
>
> http://eduspaces.net/stevelee/weblog/183169.html

Re: Steve Lee's GUADEC blog

Steve Lee-3
> "Porting pyATSPI to IAccessible2 on Win32..." caught my eye.  IA2 is
> pretty close to the AT-SPI already so porting the bindings should be
> groovy -- at least that's my impression.

That is my guess too but I'm not yet familiar enough with the clever
pyatspi goodness to know yet. AFAIKS IA2 is semantically close but
still uses and exposes MSAA so at least the 'at the metal' plumbing
could be rather different.

Eitan thinks the event models might be a point of complexity. I do
know MSAA uses win events which are hooked windows messages rather
than the COM events. My guess/hope is we may just need to simulate the
AT/SPI registry so the event observer stuff still works.

> Is there discussion about this kind of thing at the Open A11y
> Teleconferences?

I'm not sure what you mean?

Steve

Re: Steve Lee's GUADEC blog

Aaron Leventhal-3
No discussions that I know of yet.

If anyone comes up with an analysis of the work please forward to the list.

- Aaron