Status and Resolution

Kim Payne-2

Hi

I have been tasked with figuring out how to make some changes to our install of Bugzilla 2.18.1 as quickly as possible.

I need to add a new status named “Investigating” to Bugzilla. How do I do this and in how many places do I need to make this change?

I also need to change some of the Resolution Statuses to things like Deferred, Withdrawn, No Action Taken, As Designed. How do I do this and in how many places do I need to make this change?

Thanks for all of your help!

Kim

Re: Status and Resolution

Jonathan Gdalevich
Hi,

I had to do the same thing for my version of bugzilla.  In addition to
changing the database, you also need to change the knob templates to
correctly change/display states.  In addition, there is a number of cgi
files and perl scripts that will need some changing.  The best thing is
to take a program that searchs within files (I use PSPad which is free),
and search for former status and resolutions like NEW or RESOLVED.  Look
at each place where they occur and change it to whatever you want.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Gdalevich
Software Engineering Intern (ClickFox, Inc.)