Stationary

Raynald
Is there a way to build or download stationary for outgoing mail?

Re: Stationary

Michael Gordon
Raynald created this reply On 3/17/2007 10:24 PM
> Is there a way to build or download stationary for outgoing mail?

If you compose a new message in HTML Messenger Composer will allow you
to use background images for the stationary look and allow you to use
all the HTML formatting you need.  Once you have created the basic
message look and feel save it as a "Template" in your template folder.

When you want to create another message using the template you simply
open the template folder and double click on the template file you saved
to open in the Edit Mode.  Finish creating the new message and press send.

If you must stop creating the message before sending you can save the
message as a "Draft".  Do not save it in any other folder or you will
overwrite your original template file.  When you are ready to continue
composing the saved message open the Draft Folder and double click on
the saved file to continue in the Edit Mode.

Once the message is sent from Drafts the message saved in the Draft
folder will be gone.

You can create as many Template messages as you need, just make sure
each template message has a unique and intuitive name.

Michael

--
Armadillo Web Design
Opening your door of opportunity

Armadillo Web Design
www.armadilloweb.com

Character is doing the right thing...
Even when no one is watching...

SeaMonkey
www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
The all in one browser, mail, and composer.
SeaMonkey the "All In One Internet Application Suite"

Re: Stationary

Brian Heinrich-3
On 2007-03-17 21:24 (-0600 UTC), Raynald wrote:

> Is there a way to build or download stationary for outgoing mail?

If you can download it, it's not really stationary, is it? :-P

--
/b.

String quartets don't march very well.
                                        --Donald Barthelme, /The Dead Father/

Re: Stationary

Moz Champion (Dan)
Brian Heinrich wrote:
> On 2007-03-17 21:24 (-0600 UTC), Raynald wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to build or download stationary for outgoing mail?
>
> If you can download it, it's not really stationary, is it? :-P

but you can download it

Re: Stationary

Raynald
Thank you for your help.

Raynald

Michael Gordon wrote:

> Raynald created this reply On 3/17/2007 10:24 PM
>> Is there a way to build or download stationary for outgoing mail?
>>
> If you compose a new message in HTML Messenger Composer will allow you
> to use background images for the stationary look and allow you to use
> all the HTML formatting you need.  Once you have created the basic
> message look and feel save it as a "Template" in your template folder.
>
> When you want to create another message using the template you simply
> open the template folder and double click on the template file you saved
> to open in the Edit Mode.  Finish creating the new message and press send.
>
> If you must stop creating the message before sending you can save the
> message as a "Draft".  Do not save it in any other folder or you will
> overwrite your original template file.  When you are ready to continue
> composing the saved message open the Draft Folder and double click on
> the saved file to continue in the Edit Mode.
>
> Once the message is sent from Drafts the message saved in the Draft
> folder will be gone.
>
> You can create as many Template messages as you need, just make sure
> each template message has a unique and intuitive name.
>
> Michael

Re: Stationary

Michael Gordon
Brian Heinrich created this reply On 3/17/2007 11:30 PM
> On 2007-03-17 21:24 (-0600 UTC), Raynald wrote:
>

>> Is there a way to build or download stationary for outgoing mail?
>>

> If you can download it, it's not really stationary, is it? :-P

Hello Brian,

If you can download it and then use it as a background image for a mail
template it them becomes "Stationary".  Stationary in the "cents" that
it costs nothing to use, will not move around in your message, and can
be used on all outgoing messages just like a paper letter on fancy
business paper.  :-P

Michael

--
Armadillo Web Design
Opening your door of opportunity

Armadillo Web Design
www.armadilloweb.com

Character is doing the right thing...
Even when no one is watching...

SeaMonkey
www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
The all in one browser, mail, and composer.
SeaMonkey the "All In One Internet Application Suite"

Re: Stationary

Michael Gordon
Raynald created this reply On 3/18/2007 9:53 AM

> Thank you for your help.
>
> Raynald
>

> Michael Gordon wrote:
>
>> Raynald created this reply On 3/17/2007 10:24 PM
>>
>>> Is there a way to build or download stationary for outgoing mail?
>>>

>> If you compose a new message in HTML Messenger Composer will allow you
>> to use background images for the stationary look and allow you to use
>> all the HTML formatting you need.  Once you have created the basic
>> message look and feel save it as a "Template" in your template folder.
>>
>> When you want to create another message using the template you simply
>> open the template folder and double click on the template file you saved
>> to open in the Edit Mode.  Finish creating the new message and press send.
>>
>> If you must stop creating the message before sending you can save the
>> message as a "Draft".  Do not save it in any other folder or you will
>> overwrite your original template file.  When you are ready to continue
>> composing the saved message open the Draft Folder and double click on
>> the saved file to continue in the Edit Mode.
>>
>> Once the message is sent from Drafts the message saved in the Draft
>> folder will be gone.
>>
>> You can create as many Template messages as you need, just make sure
>> each template message has a unique and intuitive name.
>>
>> Michael

Hello Raynald,

You are very welcome.

Once you get the hang of using templates the creation of HTML mail
messages with nice looking and professional appearing stationary can
become an art form.By creating several different types of templates you
can have a template for almost any occasion.

Keep two things in mind with HTML stationary

   1. The person who receives your HTML stationary message must have
      his/her mail client set to receive and display HTML messages.
   2. If the person receiving your messages intends to print your
      messages their mail client and printer must be set to print
      background images.

Michael

--
Armadillo Web Design
Opening your door of opportunity

Armadillo Web Design
www.armadilloweb.com

Character is doing the right thing...
Even when no one is watching...

SeaMonkey
www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
The all in one browser, mail, and composer.
SeaMonkey the "All In One Internet Application Suite"

Re: Stationary

Philip Chee
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:15:02 -0500, Michael Gordon wrote:
> Brian Heinrich created this reply On 3/17/2007 11:30 PM
>> On 2007-03-17 21:24 (-0600 UTC), Raynald wrote:

>>> Is there a way to build or download stationary for outgoing mail?
>> If you can download it, it's not really stationary, is it? :-P

> If you can download it and then use it as a background image for a mail
> template it them becomes "Stationary".  Stationary in the "cents" that
> it costs nothing to use, will not move around in your message, and can
> be used on all outgoing messages just like a paper letter on fancy
> business paper.  :-P

I think Brian was referring to this:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=definition%3Astationary>

Phil
--
Philip Chee <[hidden email]>, <[hidden email]>
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/ http://xsidebar.mozdev.org

Re: Stationary

Michael Gordon
Philip Chee created this reply On 3/18/2007 10:53 AM

> On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:15:02 -0500, Michael Gordon wrote:
>
>> Brian Heinrich created this reply On 3/17/2007 11:30 PM

>>> If you can download it, it's not really stationary, is it? :-P
>>>

>> If you can download it and then use it as a background image for a mail
>> template it them becomes "Stationary".  Stationary in the "cents" that
>> it costs nothing to use, will not move around in your message, and can
>> be used on all outgoing messages just like a paper letter on fancy
>> business paper.  :-P
>>

> I think Brian was referring to this:
> <http://www.google.com/search?q=definition%3Astationary>
>
> Phil

Hello Phil,

I think I caught that when I wrote "will not move around in your
message".  Anyway to all " :-D "

Michael

--
Armadillo Web Design
Opening your door of opportunity

Armadillo Web Design
www.armadilloweb.com

Character is doing the right thing...
Even when no one is watching...

SeaMonkey
www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
The all in one browser, mail, and composer.
SeaMonkey the "All In One Internet Application Suite"

Re: Stationary

Ann Watson
Raynald wrote:
> Is there a way to build or download stationary for outgoing mail?

The stationery extension at
https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/4394/ allows you to write
templates or use Outlook Express stationery if it's already on your
machine.
You can even download old Corel Central stationery from
http://www.officecommunity.com/AppLogic+FTContentServer740.html
then change the .mlt extension to .htm and it seems to work in TBird.

Ann
--
Remove the FISH from the net to reply