Static firefox for mingw

Dusty Hendrickson
My company is currently looking into using Mozilla as an embedded browser in
our cross platform GUI.  I downloaded the firefox 1.07 source and built on
the following:

Platform: WinXP
Compiler: Mingw
Libraries: Dynamic

I followed the instructions given on http://gemal.dk/mozilla/build.html and
everything worked fine.  I attempted to do the same build only with static
libraries.  Everything went well until the end when it complained about
UrlMon, and its apparent absence.  After sifting through google and
mozilla's bugzilla, I found a bug reference to the fact that urlmon doesn't
exist for Mingw and that caused the static compile to fail.  My problem is,
I don't speak bugzilla (or mozilla for that matter) and am a little confused
on if a fix was ever created for this problem.  Any insight into how to
bypass this problem or any patches available would be much appreciated.
Sorry if this post is misplaced or inappropriate, but this seemed like the
place to be.  Thanks.

Dusty

Re: Static firefox for mingw

willyaranda