Splinter extension

Olav Vitters-3
 [ Please keep Owen Taylor cc'ed ]

Splinter is available at two locations:
 - http://fishsoup.net/software/splinter/ (original)
 - http://bzr.mozilla.org/bugzilla/extensions/splinter/4.0/files
   (ported to use some different javascript stuff)

I know the ported extension had some security issues. Didn't notice any
commits to the one @ bzr.mozilla.org.

I'm looking for a version which is fully self-contained extension (no
modifications to Bugzilla other than adding the extension). It *must*
work with attachment_base as well as Bugzilla 4.2. This required some
patches with the fishsoup one on Bugzilla 3.4 (don't want that!).

Note that I also appreciate if it should support attachments.status
(custom field used within GNOME).

Any tips which version to choose?
Olav
-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists@...>

Re: Splinter extension

Reed Loden
On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:20:59 +0100
Olav Vitters <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Splinter is available at two locations:
>  - http://fishsoup.net/software/splinter/ (original)
>  - http://bzr.mozilla.org/bugzilla/extensions/splinter/4.0/files
>    (ported to use some different javascript stuff)

http://bzr.mozilla.org/bmo/4.0/files/head:/extensions/Splinter/ is
really the current up-to-date place for the code that runs on bmo.

> I'm looking for a version which is fully self-contained extension (no
> modifications to Bugzilla other than adding the extension). It *must*
> work with attachment_base as well as Bugzilla 4.2. This required some
> patches with the fishsoup one on Bugzilla 3.4 (don't want that!).

From my understanding, the bmo version is completely self-contained,
though dkl would know better.

> Note that I also appreciate if it should support attachments.status
> (custom field used within GNOME).

Pretty sure that got ripped out in bmo's version, but it shouldn't be
too difficult to add back, I bet.

Hope that helps...
~reed

--
Reed Loden
[hidden email]
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists@...>

Re: Splinter extension

Dave Lawrence
On 12/29/2011 04:45 AM, Reed Loden wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:20:59 +0100
> Olav Vitters<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Splinter is available at two locations:
>>   - http://fishsoup.net/software/splinter/ (original)
>>   - http://bzr.mozilla.org/bugzilla/extensions/splinter/4.0/files
>>     (ported to use some different javascript stuff)
> http://bzr.mozilla.org/bmo/4.0/files/head:/extensions/Splinter/ is
> really the current up-to-date place for the code that runs on bmo.

Sorry for the delay. I have just synced
bzr.mozilla.org/bugzilla/extensions/splinter/4.0
with what is live on BMO. I also added a 4.2 directory with our latest
code that is updated
to work with 4.2 (some minor changes).

>> I'm looking for a version which is fully self-contained extension (no
>> modifications to Bugzilla other than adding the extension). It *must*
>> work with attachment_base as well as Bugzilla 4.2. This required some
>> patches with the fishsoup one on Bugzilla 3.4 (don't want that!).
>  From my understanding, the bmo version is completely self-contained,
> though dkl would know better.

Yes. The original version used ajax calls to get data from Bugzilla but this
loads the data directly using Bugzilla core code so should be slightly
faster.
It did not require any changes to the core Bugzilla code for 4.0 or 4.2.

>> Note that I also appreciate if it should support attachments.status
>> (custom field used within GNOME).
> Pretty sure that got ripped out in bmo's version, but it shouldn't be
> too difficult to add back, I bet.

Most of the attachment.status is just commented out in the JS code. It
may or
may not have been completely ported to YUI which I would need to check. BMO
does not use attachment statuses and that is a gnome.org customization.
Once someone uncommented the relevant JS code and converted it if necessary
it should work with the Bugzilla instance if it uses attachment
statuses. Unfortunately
I do not have the spare cycles to maintain the custom version of our port.

dkl

--
David Lawrence
[hidden email]

-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists@...>

Re: Splinter extension

Max Kanat-Alexander
        As a side note to this conversation, I think that Splinter has proven
useful enough that we should integrate it as a replacement for our
current patch-review system.

        -Max
-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists@...>

Re: Splinter extension

Sandor Bodo-Merle
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM, David Lawrence <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 12/29/2011 04:45 AM, Reed Loden wrote:
On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:20:59 +0100
Olav Vitters<[hidden email]>  wrote:

Splinter is available at two locations:
 - http://fishsoup.net/software/splinter/ (original)
 - http://bzr.mozilla.org/bugzilla/extensions/splinter/4.0/files
   (ported to use some different javascript stuff)
http://bzr.mozilla.org/bmo/4.0/files/head:/extensions/Splinter/ is
really the current up-to-date place for the code that runs on bmo.

Sorry for the delay. I have just synced bzr.mozilla.org/bugzilla/extensions/splinter/4.0
with what is live on BMO. I also added a 4.2 directory with our latest code that is updated
to work with 4.2 (some minor changes).

Can this live BMO version used on a "plain" bugzilla 4.0.x ?

Re: Splinter extension

Dave Lawrence
On 01/14/2012 07:47 AM, Sandor Bodo-Merle wrote:
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM, David Lawrence <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sorry for the delay. I have just synced bzr.mozilla.org/bugzilla/extensions/splinter/4.0
with what is live on BMO. I also added a 4.2 directory with our latest code that is updated
to work with 4.2 (some minor changes).

Can this live BMO version used on a "plain" bugzilla 4.0.x ?

Yes. It *should* work without issue. Let me know if you encounter any problems
and I can make the needed adjustments.

dkl

David Lawrence

Re: Splinter extension

Sandor Bodo-Merle

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 3:31 PM, David Lawrence <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 01/14/2012 07:47 AM, Sandor Bodo-Merle wrote:
Can this live BMO version used on a "plain" bugzilla 4.0.x ?

Yes. It *should* work without issue. Let me know if you encounter any problems
and I can make the needed adjustments.

After upgrade to revision 2 with stock bugzilla 4.0.3 i got an empty review page,
and the error log say that the file " skins/custom/bug_groups.css" does not exist.
Is this CSS BMO live specific?

s.

Re: Splinter extension

Dave Lawrence
On 01/16/2012 06:11 AM, Sandor Bodo-Merle wrote:

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 3:31 PM, David Lawrence <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 01/14/2012 07:47 AM, Sandor Bodo-Merle wrote:
Can this live BMO version used on a "plain" bugzilla 4.0.x ?

Yes. It *should* work without issue. Let me know if you encounter any problems
and I can make the needed adjustments.

After upgrade to revision 2 with stock bugzilla 4.0.3 i got an empty review page,
and the error log say that the file " skins/custom/bug_groups.css" does not exist.
Is this CSS BMO live specific?

s.

Yes. Anything with /custom/ in the path will likely be a BMO specific change. You can try
removing "skins/custom/bug_groups.css" from the style_urls variable in
extensions/Splinter/template/en/default/pages/splinter.html.tmpl and see if that clears it
up. Are there any other errors in the javascript error log itself as I don't think the missing
CSS stylesheet would have caused a completely blank page. A blank page usually means
the javascript is not working as the whole Splinter review page is javascript generated.

dkl

--
David Lawrence
[hidden email]