Spidermonkey Release plans

Rob Swindell-4
  To: Bob Clary
  Re: Spidermonkey Release plans
  By: Bob Clary to netscape.public.mozilla.jseng on Tue Oct 18 2005 03:52 pm

 > Spidermonkey 1.5 Final
 >
 > I plan to release a final version of Spidermonkey 1.5 later this week
 > based on the MOZILLA_1_8a4_RELEASE cvs tag. Basing the release on this
 > tag will exclude the recent work on E4X and the new additions such as
 > Array.prototype.map and Array.prototype.forEach.
 >
 > Spidermonkey 1.6
 >
 > Going forward the plan is to release future versions of Spidermonkey on
 > a more regular basis. The idea is to release a final version of
 > Spidermonkey 1.6 that corresponds to the JavaScript engine shipped with
 > Firefox 1.5 based on the Mozilla 1.8 branch. An updated version of the
 > JavaScript Test Library will also be released at the same time.
 >
 > Point Releases
 >
 > I am considering making point releases of Spidermonkey 1.6.0.1, 1.6.0.2,
 > to correspond to future point releases of Firefox 1.5. These would
 > continue until the next major version of Firefox based on the Mozilla
 > 1.9 branch is released when the version would move to 1.6.1.
 >
 > Comments and suggestions?

Cool. Thanks. :-)

                                                  digital man

Snapple "Real Fact" #7:
A queen bee can lay 800-1500 eggs per day.
--- Synchronet 3.13b-Win32 NewsLink 1.83
 *  Vertrauen - Anaheim Hills, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

Re: Spidermonkey Release plans

torokze
I've just downloaded the source of Firefox 1.5b2 to test the JS part.

I put the "jsfile" into (JS_THREADSAFE, JS_HAS_FILE_OBJECT, ...) the
js.mak.
I'm using the nspr-4.4.1.
The compilation was successful the jsshell is working except the File
object.

I've tried this:
var f=new File("somefile.ext");

and the jsshell has frozen.

Zoltán

Re: Spidermonkey Release plans

Thomas Sondergaard
Bob Clary wrote:

> Comments and suggestions?

Up-to-date self-contained releases of spidermonkey would be very much
appreciated. Other than that I don't have many comments.

Thomas