SpiderMonkey for Mobile Devices

vaibhav.pnd
I wanted to know that is SpiderMonkey, just like V8, is the same for the mobile devices too. If yes, does SpiderMoney utilize the current heterogeneous architecture of the mobile devices ?

Re: SpiderMonkey for Mobile Devices

Sean Stangl
SpiderMonkey is used in Firefox for Android. For Firefox for iOS, Apple
restricts us from using our own JS engine, so we are forced to use WebKit's.

JS execution is single-threaded, but the engine itself uses helper threads
for many tasks that are parallelizable, such as compilation.

We don't specifically have concepts of a "main processor" and "lesser
processor," and expect that the kernel will allocate threads appropriately.

Best,
Sean