SpiderMonkey 31 Release?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SpiderMonkey 31 Release?

Mike Gran
Hi-
 
I noticed on the webpage below that "The next release will be
SpiderMonkey 31, around July 2014."  I guess this date has slipped
to the right, so you might want to update the webpage.
 
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/SpiderMonkey
 
Thanks,
 
Mike Gran
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-js-engine mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-js-engine
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SpiderMonkey 31 Release?

Joshua Astray
在 2014年9月10日星期三UTC+8上午7时07分54秒,Mike Gran写道:

> Hi-
>
>  
>
> I noticed on the webpage below that "The next release will be
>
> SpiderMonkey 31, around July 2014."  I guess this date has slipped
>
> to the right, so you might want to update the webpage.
>
>  
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/SpiderMonkey
>
>  
>
> Thanks,
>
>  
>
> Mike Gran

I am also looking forward to SpiderMonkey 31. Does anyone know when it will be released ? Thanks.
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-js-engine mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-js-engine
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SpiderMonkey 31 Release?

dimka.kozlov
Same here. It'd be helpful to know what the plan for the release is. Thanks.
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-js-engine mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-js-engine
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SpiderMonkey 31 Release?

Benjamin Kircher
Same here. Any updates on this? Thanks.
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-js-engine mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-js-engine
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SpiderMonkey 31 Release?

Terrence Cole-3
On 10/10/2014 04:22 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Same here. Any updates on this? Thanks.

Sorry, the silence is not intentional. All the people who know how to do
releases are just super, super busy at the moment. We're currently
trying to figure out how to automate the process (or at least get releng
to do it) so that it doesn't get dropped in the future.

Cheers,
Terrence

 _______________________________________________
> dev-tech-js-engine mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-js-engine
>
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-js-engine mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-js-engine
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SpiderMonkey 31 Release?

Sean Stangl
In reply to this post by Benjamin Kircher
MozJS-31 RC0 is available from the URL below:

http://people.mozilla.org/~sstangl/mozjs-31.2.0.rc0.tar.bz2

There is a known standalone-only bug that causes a failure at link-time when the build is performed in parallel. Specifying "make -j1" will work around this issue. The bug is being tracked at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1006275.

Feedback of all kinds welcome. For posterity, the packaging process just involves correctly setting environment variables at the top of js/src/make-source-package.sh, running autoconf-2.13, and executing the script.

Happy hacking!

-Sean

----- Original Message -----
From: "benjamin kircher" <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 4:22:42 AM
Subject: Re: SpiderMonkey 31 Release?

Same here. Any updates on this? Thanks.
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-js-engine mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-js-engine
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-js-engine mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-js-engine
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SpiderMonkey 31 Release?

Yves
In reply to this post by Benjamin Kircher
Am Fri, 10 Oct 2014 13:19:23 -0700 schrieb Sean Stangl:

> MozJS-31 RC0 is available from the URL below:
>
> http://people.mozilla.org/~sstangl/mozjs-31.2.0.rc0.tar.bz2
>
> -Sean
>

Thanks a lot!

Adding this patch would be nice to fix the build with --enable-trace-
logging:
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/raw-rev/fbe7d0fd049c

It's not super important, though. Packages provided by Linux
distributions won't have trace logging enabled anyway and adding a line
to our build.sh shell script to apply the patch after extracting the
tarball is trivial.





_______________________________________________
dev-tech-js-engine mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-js-engine
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SpiderMonkey 31 Release?

Benjamin Kircher
In reply to this post by Benjamin Kircher
On Friday, October 10, 2014 10:20:24 PM UTC+2, Sean Stangl wrote:

> MozJS-31 RC0 is available from the URL below:
>
> http://people.mozilla.org/~sstangl/mozjs-31.2.0.rc0.tar.bz2
>
> There is a known standalone-only bug that causes a failure at link-time when the build is performed in parallel. Specifying "make -j1" will work around this issue. The bug is being tracked at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1006275.
>
> Feedback of all kinds welcome. For posterity, the packaging process just involves correctly setting environment variables at the top of js/src/make-source-package.sh, running autoconf-2.13, and executing the script.
>
> Happy hacking!
>
> -Sean
>

Thanks. Just tested to build from source on a random Linux machine here and works like a charm.

Any ideas on when to expect a final release. Anything we can do to help with?

-Ben
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-js-engine mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-js-engine
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SpiderMonkey 31 Release?

Tom Schuster
We should update this build to the latest ESR 31 version and release it. I
doubt anybody will get to this before New Year.

-Tom

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 2:52 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Friday, October 10, 2014 10:20:24 PM UTC+2, Sean Stangl wrote:
> > MozJS-31 RC0 is available from the URL below:
> >
> > http://people.mozilla.org/~sstangl/mozjs-31.2.0.rc0.tar.bz2
> >
> > There is a known standalone-only bug that causes a failure at link-time
> when the build is performed in parallel. Specifying "make -j1" will work
> around this issue. The bug is being tracked at
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1006275.
> >
> > Feedback of all kinds welcome. For posterity, the packaging process just
> involves correctly setting environment variables at the top of
> js/src/make-source-package.sh, running autoconf-2.13, and executing the
> script.
> >
> > Happy hacking!
> >
> > -Sean
> >
>
> Thanks. Just tested to build from source on a random Linux machine here
> and works like a charm.
>
> Any ideas on when to expect a final release. Anything we can do to help
> with?
>
> -Ben
> _______________________________________________
> dev-tech-js-engine mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-js-engine
>
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-js-engine mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-js-engine
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SpiderMonkey 31 Release?

Yves
In reply to this post by Benjamin Kircher
Am Thu, 25 Dec 2014 15:52:13 +0100 schrieb Tom Schuster:

> We should update this build to the latest ESR 31 version and release it.
> I doubt anybody will get to this before New Year.
>
> -Tom
>

Hi,

For the final version, please include this patch:
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/f578233e4d2c

Fixing Bug 1046176

This really kills performance for us now that for .. of is used more in
the code.

Thanks!

Regards,
Yves

_______________________________________________
dev-tech-js-engine mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-js-engine