Spam

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Spam

responder-2
Is there no way to stop this guy spewing all this spam in this group?

I have him filtered and he still comes through.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Spam

Daniel
On 2/12/2017 12:41 PM, responder wrote:
> Is there no way to stop this guy spewing all this spam in this group?
>
> I have him filtered and he still comes through.

You are replying to a post from Good Guy from about sixteen months ago
... or are you meaning GerardJan??

Note that GerardJan has changed his Nic to GerardJanJan, so, maybe, you
need a new filter ... or add to your old filter!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

Go Dallas Cowgirls!! .... Err!! ... Um!! .. I mean *Go Dallas Cowboys* !!
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
T
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Spam

T
On 12/01/2017 08:53 PM, Daniel wrote:

> On 2/12/2017 12:41 PM, responder wrote:
>> Is there no way to stop this guy spewing all this spam in this group?
>>
>> I have him filtered and he still comes through.
>
> You are replying to a post from Good Guy from about sixteen months ago
> ... or are you meaning GerardJan??
>
> Note that GerardJan has changed his Nic to GerardJanJan, so, maybe, you
> need a new filter ... or add to your old filter!!
>

I just added him.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Spam

Daniel
On 2/12/2017 5:26 PM, T wrote:

> On 12/01/2017 08:53 PM, Daniel wrote:
>> On 2/12/2017 12:41 PM, responder wrote:
>>> Is there no way to stop this guy spewing all this spam in this group?
>>>
>>> I have him filtered and he still comes through.
>>
>> You are replying to a post from Good Guy from about sixteen months ago
>> ... or are you meaning GerardJan??
>>
>> Note that GerardJan has changed his Nic to GerardJanJan, so, maybe,
>> you need a new filter ... or add to your old filter!!
>
> I just added him.

You are not on your on, T. However, I've found that GerardJan does, on
rare occasions maybe, make worthwhile posts.

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

Go Dallas Cowgirls!! .... Err!! ... Um!! .. I mean *Go Dallas Cowboys* !!
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Spam

Frank-32
In reply to this post by responder-2
On 12/1/2017 8:41 PM, responder wrote:
> Is there no way to stop this guy spewing all this spam in this group?
>
> I have him filtered and he still comes through.

I see I had filtered him before when I put in another filter.  What
helps is to copy name and address, add this to the plus and edit to
leave in a key word that pins him down and check box that says contains
any of these.  I also delete thread.

We should appreciate guys like this as challenging our learning of
filtering skills.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Spam

Endegee
On 02/12/2017 07:26, Frank wrote:

> On 12/1/2017 8:41 PM, responder wrote:
>> Is there no way to stop this guy spewing all this spam in this group?
>>
>> I have him filtered and he still comes through.
>
> I see I had filtered him before when I put in another filter.  What
> helps is to copy name and address, add this to the plus and edit to
> leave in a key word that pins him down and check box that says contains
> any of these.  I also delete thread.
>
> We should appreciate guys like this as challenging our learning of
> filtering skills.

+1
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general