Source Code Disconnects

j-a-c-k
I have just started with this tool and cannot get to square one.
I installed as an add-on to foxfireand 3.5.4 and it seemed to be going well.
I found the tutorial at http://www.svendtofte.com/code/learning_venkman/basics.php

I Got through the first couple of lessons up to the part where we bring in a script and press stop on the debugger. This is the first exercise in the section "Basic Debugging"  The tutorial says reload the browser and the debugger will stop at the beginning of the script.  Instead the source code window closes and the code does not stop or display.  If I right click in the open-Windows-Window and select 'Find URL' the code window reopens but there is no highlighted current line and the debugger seems to have blown off the test.