Software error: Can't locate Math/Random/ISAAC.pm

Software error: Can't locate Math/Random/ISAAC.pm

jesperbakhansen
Hello there :).

I've recently installed Bugzilla, following the guide:
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Bugzilla

Here's the full message:
Software error:

Can't locate Math/Random/ISAAC.pm in @INC (@INC contains: . lib /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl) at Bugzilla/RNG.pm line 28.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Bugzilla/RNG.pm line 28.
Compilation failed in require at Bugzilla/Util.pm line 50.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Bugzilla/Util.pm line 50.
Compilation failed in require at Bugzilla/Error.pm line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Bugzilla/Error.pm line 33.
Compilation failed in require at Bugzilla/Install/Filesystem.pm line 31.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Bugzilla/Install/Filesystem.pm line 31.
Compilation failed in require at Bugzilla/Config.pm line 38.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Bugzilla/Config.pm line 38.
Compilation failed in require at Bugzilla.pm line 38.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Bugzilla.pm line 38.
Compilation failed in require at index.cgi line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at index.cgi line 34.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([hidden email]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

I've installed "Math::Random::ISAAC" (v1.004), using the "Perl Module Installer" in my webhosts cPanel.

I can find ISAAC.pm on my webserver, using the following paths:
/perl/usr/local/lib/perl5/Math/Random
/perl5/lib/perl5/Math/Random

Does anyone have any idea of what I can do to resolve this?

Thank you,
jj

Re: Software error: Can't locate Math/Random/ISAAC.pm

Thorsten Schöning
Guten Tag jj,
am Mittwoch, 17. April 2013 um 14:44 schrieben Sie:

> I can find ISAAC.pm on my webserver, using the following paths:
> /perl/usr/local/lib/perl5/Math/Random
> /perl5/lib/perl5/Math/Random

> Does anyone have any idea of what I can do to resolve this?

It seems you have more than one perl distribution installed and the
one which your are able to configure doesn't seem to be the one
Bugzilla is using/seeing. If you have shell access, you may try to
install the modules locally into the Bugzilla directory using
install-modules.pl.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:[hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

Re: Software error: Can't locate Math/Random/ISAAC.pm

jesperbakhansen
Hi Thorsten, thank you for your answer.

> It seems you have more than one perl distribution installed and the
>
> one which your are able to configure doesn't seem to be the one
>
> Bugzilla is using/seeing. If you have shell access, you may try to
>
> install the modules locally into the Bugzilla directory using
>
> install-modules.pl.

Using SSH, when I go to the bugzilla-4.2.5 directory and run the command:
nice -n 19 ./checksetup.pl

- Math-Random-ISAAC doesn't report as missing.

If I for instance try to run the command:
/usr/local/bin/perl install-module.pl --all

- overall it reports: "Make had some problems, won't install"

And for example:
No 'Makefile' created  DMAKI/JSON-RPC-1.03.tar.gz
  /usr/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/home/bakhanse/perl/usr/local LIB="/home/bakhanse/public_html/bugs/bugzilla-4.2.5/lib" INSTALLMAN1DIR="/home/bakhanse/public_html/bugs/bugzilla-4.2.5/lib/man/man1" INSTALLMAN3DIR="/home/bakhanse/public_html/bugs/bugzilla-4.2.5/lib/man/man3" INSTALLBIN="/home/bakhanse/public_html/bugs/bugzilla-4.2.5/lib/bin" INSTALLSCRIPT="/home/bakhanse/public_html/bugs/bugzilla-4.2.5/lib/bin" INSTALLDIRS=perl -- NOT OK
Skipping test because of notest pragma
Running make install
  Make had some problems, won't install

Re: Software error: Can't locate Math/Random/ISAAC.pm

jesperbakhansen
I've also tried to use this command:
 perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Bundle::Bugzilla"'

- but with the same problem

Is there a way to install it more locally?

Re: Software error: Can't locate Math/Random/ISAAC.pm

jesperbakhansen
I solved it by adding the line:
use cPanelUserConfig;

Under
#!/usr/bin/perl -wT

in the file:
index.cgi

Cheers

Re: Software error: Can't locate Math/Random/ISAAC.pm

Thorsten Schöning
Guten Tag [hidden email],
am Mittwoch, 17. April 2013 um 16:49 schrieben Sie:

> Using SSH, when I go to the bugzilla-4.2.5 directory and run the command:
> nice -n 19 ./checksetup.pl

> - Math-Random-ISAAC doesn't report as missing.

In this case your shell sees the Perl distribution you installed ISAAC
to, but httpd uses the other one. You may try to make the Perl
distribution form your shell available. Somethign like the following:

SetEnv PERL5LIB "C:/Users/tschoening/AppData/Roaming/Perl/x64/lib;C:/max-x/perl/stmodul"

> And for example:
> No 'Makefile' created  DMAKI/JSON-RPC-1.03.tar.gz
>   /usr/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL
> PREFIX=/home/bakhanse/perl/usr/local
> LIB="/home/bakhanse/public_html/bugs/bugzilla-4.2.5/lib"
> INSTALLMAN1DIR="/home/bakhanse/public_html/bugs/bugzilla-4.2.5/lib/man/man1"
> INSTALLMAN3DIR="/home/bakhanse/public_html/bugs/bugzilla-4.2.5/lib/man/man3"
> INSTALLBIN="/home/bakhanse/public_html/bugs/bugzilla-4.2.5/lib/bin"
> INSTALLSCRIPT="/home/bakhanse/public_html/bugs/bugzilla-4.2.5/lib/bin" INSTALLDIRS=perl -- NOT OK
> Skipping test because of notest pragma
> Running make install
>   Make had some problems, won't install

How did you install Bugzilla itself? May it be that you don't have the
permissions to write to your Bugzilla directory? You need write
permissions in the lib folder.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:[hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

Re: Software error: Can't locate Math/Random/ISAAC.pm

Thorsten Schöning
Guten Tag [hidden email],
am Mittwoch, 17. April 2013 um 16:51 schrieben Sie:

> Is there a way to install it more locally?

You can install Bugzilla on another linux, run install-module.pl there
and tar and scp the tar to the lib folder of your server to see if it
works. As long as there are no binaries you should have a good chance.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:[hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

Re: Software error: Can't locate Math/Random/ISAAC.pm

jesperbakhansen
I've got it to work now :). Cheers

Though I have a problem in eclipse; when I try to submit a bug, I get the error:
"An unknown repository error has occured: bugzilla main page"

- but I have no idea where to begin.

It works fine on the site itself though.