So what _is_ this Australis thing? (And, how about a "freeze/undo" option?)

Re: So what _is_ this Australis thing? (And, how about a "freeze/undo" option?)

PhillipJones-2
Christian Riechers wrote:
> On 08/11/2013 09:27 PM, PhillipJones wrote:
>> I opened the standalone Profile Manager and there is only a Listing for
>> Firefox don't see away to Control Aurora.  Don't see a way to duplicate
>> a Profile and rename it.
>>
> Seen the 'Copy' menu item?

Not in the Mac version.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.      "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net    mailto:[hidden email]

WaltS wrote:

> On 08/11/2013 04:01 PM, PhillipJones wrote:
>> PhillipJones wrote:

>>> I opened the standalone Profile Manager and there is only a Listing for
>>> Firefox don't see away to Control Aurora.  Don't see a way to duplicate
>>> a Profile and rename it.
>>>
>> Tried the standalone for Aurora will not work keeps being identified as
>> FireFox and rebounds back to to my FireFox Default.
>>

> Did you click on the "Manage Firefox Versions" button and add the path
> to Aurora to the "Application Versions" window?

Yes

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.      "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net    mailto:[hidden email]

Re: So what _is_ this Australis thing? (And, how about a "freeze/undo" option?)

Trane Francks
On 8/12/13 12:18 PM +0900, PhillipJones wrote:

> My very first web browser was Netscape 3.0.a Gold had to pay $40.00 for
> that and came as a CD and a 200 page paperback Manual. And I tried IE

Jeeze, I remember those days. I was on TWICS (the first public 'net
provider in Japan) from '93-'95 with a VAX/VMS shell, so no browser for
this boy back that far. It wasn't till I changed providers in 1995 that
I discovered the joys of Navigator and then Communicator in 1997. I
remember paying $80 for a yearly subscription and then 2 months later,
Netscape outsourced it. Timing.

trane
--
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Trane Francks    [hidden email]    Tokyo, Japan

Re: So what _is_ this Australis thing? (And, how about a "freeze/undo" option?)

WaltS-2

So all is well now?

--
"Let's concentrate on the issues, not the emotions." - Bob from
fedoraforums.org

Re: So what _is_ this Australis thing? (And, how about a "freeze/undo" option?)

jetjock
Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 8/11/2013 10:37 AM, jetjock wrote:
>
>> Felixx wrote:
>>
>>> "J. P. Gilliver (John)" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>>> news:[hidden email]...

>>> It's probably the end of Firefox... Actually version 22 is probably
>>> the last one for me. I'm refusing the 23 version because of the tab
>>> thingie. Nothing they're doing is for the better. Every new version
>>> only creates more problems. Enough is enough.
>>

>> +1
>
> So, you are just going to use FF22 until nothing works any more, or
> one the exploits manages to brick your PC?  I hate to tell you, but
> ALL the other browsers insist on a fixed tab bar as well.  At least
> all the ones I have tried do.

Ron, I wouldn't dream of using FF 22 that long.   :-)  I'm using the
last stable version that didn't insist on changing my fonts for me
(whether I wanted them changed or not); FF 18.0.1 My +1 was primarily
for the last three sentences of his post.

WaltS wrote:

> On 08/11/2013 11:20 PM, PhillipJones wrote:
>> WaltS wrote:

>>> Did you click on the "Manage Firefox Versions" button and add the path
>>> to Aurora to the "Application Versions" window?
>>>
>> Yes
>>

> So all is well now?

  well No still identifies as Firefox not Aurora.

On 08/12/2013 01:22 PM, PhillipJones wrote:

> WaltS wrote:

>>> Yes
>>>

>> So all is well now?
>>
>    well No still identifies as Firefox not Aurora.

Sounds like you didn't point the profile to use Aurora under "Launch
Options" once you added it to the "Applications Version" window.

WaltS wrote:

> On 08/12/2013 01:22 PM, PhillipJones wrote:
>> WaltS wrote:

>>> So all is well now?
>>>
>>    well No still identifies as Firefox not Aurora.
>>

> Sounds like you didn't point the profile to use Aurora under "Launch
> Options" once you added it to the "Applications Version" window.

yes I did point to aurora but everything still identified as FireFox and
still does even though I now have a Aurora Profile in the Application
support folder.

Typing in the /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin
doesn't open a Profile manager just opens the FireFox application.

On 08/12/2013 02:47 PM, PhillipJones wrote:

> WaltS wrote:

>>>     well No still identifies as Firefox not Aurora.
>>>

>> Sounds like you didn't point the profile to use Aurora under "Launch
>> Options" once you added it to the "Applications Version" window.
>>
> yes I did point to aurora but everything still identified as FireFox and
> still does even though I now have a Aurora Profile in the Application
> support folder.
>
> Typing in the /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin
> doesn't open a Profile manager just opens the FireFox application.

I see in your m.s.firefox posts that you have things worked out, you are
using the built-in profile manager, and not the stand alone application
from MDN.

--
"Let's concentrate on the issues, not the emotions." - Bob from
fedoraforums.org

Re: So what _is_ this Australis thing? (And, how about a "freeze/undo" option?)

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
[hidden email] wrote:

> Aris: Unfortunately not. Available toolbars are hardcoded and new
> ones are ignored by Firefox, if you try to rebuild them the way the
> are on current releases.
>
> From that Thread:
>
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2400725&sid=b2491f1429a869fe3accabbb1039e253&start=960

With no quoting, it's difficult to know what you're trying to talk
about.  But the thread snippet has to do with the add-on bar, not
adding customizible toolbars.  Last I saw any of them talking about it,
the ability to add toolbars and customize them was a priority for the
Australis people.

[crossposted, followup set to mozilla.general]

[hidden email] wrote:

> Aris: Unfortunately not. Available toolbars are hardcoded and new
> ones are ignored by Firefox, if you try to rebuild them the way the
> are on current releases.
>
> From that Thread:
>
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2400725&sid=b2491f1429a869fe3accabbb1039e253&start=960

Ah, I see it now.  Sorry for the earlier post.  Out of context, it is
difficult to know what that quote means or why you posted it.

Aris was reporting what he saw in UX nightlies c. February,
2011.  He's not talking about what will be released, hopefully as Fx 26
or 27.

»Q« <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > Aris: Unfortunately not. Available toolbars are hardcoded and new
> > ones are ignored by Firefox, if you try to rebuild them the way the
> > are on current releases.
> >
> > From that Thread:
> >
> > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2400725&sid=b2491f1429a869fe3accabbb1039e253&start=960

> Aris was reporting what he saw in UX nightlies c. February,
> 2011.  He's not talking about what will be released, hopefully as Fx
> 26 or 27.

Sorry.  Apparently my brain's not working today.  (It never works very
well with web forums. ;)

That thread is current.  2011 is just when that mozillazine account
was created.   Still, I don't expect an Australis release without the
ability to add toolbars.

> [crossposted, followup set to mozilla.general]

Last one for today -- I've exceeded my quota of mistakes.

[hidden email] wrote:

> Creating Toolbars/having an add-on Bar is won't fixe'd at Bugzilla.

The one about creating toolbars is
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=880550>.

[cross-posted, followup set]

Re: So what _is_ this Australis thing? (And, how about a "freeze/undo" option?)

J. P. Gilliver (John)
In message <[hidden email]>,
[hidden email] writes:
[]

>Uhh.. Wait one Moment :D That is a discussion Forum :D There is a
>difference to cry out in anger on the Mozilla Input site as to discuss
>the points one has experienced, or the interpretation of Points.
>
>This was just a try to join a discussion, i really hope Mozilla is
>around for the years to come, otherwise people like me would not be
>able to enjoy alternative Gecko Browsers like Palemoon :D
>
>Feel free to show me that i was wrong in what i tried to discuss, THAT
>is what an discussion there for, to educate people and remove wrong
>believes :)

Sailfish's point was that this is a support, rather than discussion
(except possibly discussion of the support) group. Nothing in your
original rant (which I've snipped as it had become too widely spaced:
_why_ can't whoever is responsible for that fix it!) was AFA we CS was
asking for support.

XP and f'u to m.g

If vegetarians eat vegetables,..beware of humanitarians!