Smartbar.ConduitSearchEngine

Sogn Mill-Scout-2
My search engine preferences have been hijacked by something called Smartbar.ConduitSearchEngine. Now when I open a new tab it goes to Bing. I want nothing to do with Bing. I don't want Bing. I deleted Conduit from the little search window at the upper right of FF screen, but that has no effect. I see several references to it in about:config, but I can't delete them.

Previously new tabs opened with thumbnails of commonly used pages such as WIkipedia and Google. I was satisfied with that. I wouldn't care if they opened on Google either, but I don't appreciate some program piggybacking on a legitimate download and hijackiing FF.

Thanks of any assistance.

Sogn Mill-Scout

Re: Smartbar.ConduitSearchEngine

David Postill

https://www.google.com/search?q=Smartbar.ConduitSearchEngine+removal
--
David Postill
Dance your Life - Biodanza in Alkmaar, Holland - <http://www.danceyourlife.eu>

Re: Smartbar.ConduitSearchEngine

Ray_Net
Sogn Mill-Scout wrote, On 27/04/2014 21:28:
> My search engine preferences have been hijacked by something called Smartbar.ConduitSearchEngine. Now when I open a new tab it goes to Bing. I want nothing to do with Bing. I don't want Bing. I deleted Conduit from the little search window at the upper right of FF screen, but that has no effect. I see several references to it in about:config, but I can't delete them.
>
> Previously new tabs opened with thumbnails of commonly used pages such as WIkipedia and Google. I was satisfied with that. I wouldn't care if they opened on Google either, but I don't appreciate some program piggybacking on a legitimate download and hijackiing FF.
>
> Thanks of any assistance.
>
> Sogn Mill-Scout

Did you try Google ?
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=webhp&source=hp&q=Smartbar.ConduitSearchEngine+firefox&oq=Smartbar.ConduitSearchEngine+firefox&gs_l=hp.3...2599.6257.0.6732.9.9.0.0.0.0.240.1216.1j7j1.9.0....0...1c.1.42.hp..5.4.463.oe6_-KYjMas

where i can find:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Fa7wXWKe0
and
http://www.infinitelymore.org/fb/How To Remove Conduit Search Engine
from PC.pdf

Re: Smartbar.ConduitSearchEngine

Sogn Mill-Scout-2
My thanks to David and Ray. That damn conduit thing is gone.