Signature.

Jorge Santich
Hi all,

Can anybody tell me how to change the -- signs before the signature in
Mozilla's mail client.

Thanks in advance

Re: Signature.

gwtc
jorges06 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anybody tell me how to change the -- signs before the signature in
> Mozilla's mail client.
>
> Thanks in advance
Those lines are the sig delimiter and they are needed.

Re: Signature.

Jorge Santich
gwtc wrote:

> jorges06 wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Can anybody tell me how to change the -- signs before the signature in
>> Mozilla's mail client.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>
> Those lines are the sig delimiter and they are needed.

Thanks gwtc, I know that, but can I change or erase them with some kind
of setting?

Re: Signature.

Carl Gehr
jorges06 wrote:

> gwtc wrote:
>
>>jorges06 wrote:
>>

>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>Can anybody tell me how to change the -- signs before the signature in
>>>Mozilla's mail client.
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>Those lines are the sig delimiter and they are needed.
>

> Thanks gwtc, I know that, but can I change or erase them with some kind
> of setting?

Open the EDIT->'Mail & Account Settings" while in the compose Window.
Use the mouse to select the 'Account' that you want to modify.  On the
first 'page' of the Settings, near the bottom, there is a checkbox and
an text entry field.  The Check box says:
        'Attach this Signature'
CHECK IT!
In the entry field, is the fully qualified directory. file name where
the signature is located.

Use any Text Editor to modify the file shown to whatever content you'd like.

Carl

Re: Signature.

gwtc
jorges06 wrote:

> gwtc wrote:
>
>>jorges06 wrote:
>>

>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>Can anybody tell me how to change the -- signs before the signature in
>>>Mozilla's mail client.
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>Those lines are the sig delimiter and they are needed.
>

> Thanks gwtc, I know that, but can I change or erase them with some kind
> of setting?

No, as far as I know you can't.  That sig delimiter is [supposed] to
be the standard within the industry.

Re: Signature.

Jorge Santich
Carl Gehr wrote:

> Open the EDIT->'Mail & Account Settings" while in the compose Window.
> Use the mouse to select the 'Account' that you want to modify.  On the
> first 'page' of the Settings, near the bottom, there is a checkbox and
> an text entry field.  The Check box says:
>     'Attach this Signature'
> CHECK IT!
> In the entry field, is the fully qualified directory. file name where
> the signature is located.
>
> Use any Text Editor to modify the file shown to whatever content you'd
> like.
>
> Carl
I'm attaching my signature from a file, but the only way to erase or
change the sig delimiter is doing it by hand.

I want to change the sig delimiters 'cause I'm having problems with
Enigmail.

This is not the newsgrup to talk about Enigmail, but:

When I verify my signed mails it flashes an error and then tells me that
the signature is OK. I tried to verify my mails without any other
signature than the one generated with my key pair, and everything works
just fine.

This is the content of the file that I'm using as the attached signature:

# Podés obtener mi llave pública en http://www.keyserver.net,  #
# tendrás que buscarla utilizando mi dirección de e-mail o mi  #
# nombre.                                                      #
#                                                              #
# You can obtain my public key at http://www.keyserver.net,    #
# you'll have to search it using my e-mail address or my name. #

I'm composing and sending e-mail as plain text so Enigmail shouldn't
complain, but it does.

Any clue?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Signature.

DC-7
jorges06 wrote:
> Hi all,

> Can anybody tell me how to change the -- signs before the signature in
> Mozilla's mail client.

As others have pointed out, you don't.  They are there for a reason.

--
DC                                    Linux RU #1000111011000111001

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many'
and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.