Should we create a Web API for importing PKCS 12

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Should we create a Web API for importing PKCS 12

Yoshi Huang
Hi,

Currently on Firefox OS (B2G), there's no Web API could install PKCS 12.

The use cases could be Wifi, VPN,... etc.
Some examples can be found on Android, see [1]

Although I have found WebCrypto in the wiki and bugzilla,
but it seems it didn't support pkcs12, right?

Also I found that NSS would use XUL to show some UI (i.e. password)
But XUL is definitely not a good opinion on Firefox OS.

So my question is should we create some Web API for managine those
certificates/pkcs12 .. etc ?
or something like expose nsIX509CertDB.idl to the web?


Thanks

[1]: http://support.google.com/android/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1649774

--
Yoshi Huang, Mozilla Taiwan
[hidden email]

--
dev-tech-crypto mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-crypto
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Should we create a Web API for importing PKCS 12

Anders Rundgren
On 2013-05-15 11:35, Yoshi Huang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently on Firefox OS (B2G), there's no Web API could install PKCS 12.
>
> The use cases could be Wifi, VPN,... etc.
> Some examples can be found on Android, see [1]
>
> Although I have found WebCrypto in the wiki and bugzilla,
> but it seems it didn't support pkcs12, right?
>
> Also I found that NSS would use XUL to show some UI (i.e. password)
> But XUL is definitely not a good opinion on Firefox OS.

Firefox OS needs a completely revamped PKI-client, the existing
PKI-client doesn't support BYOD, consumer-PKI or payments.

The enrollment solution (keygen) is relic from 1995.

Anders

>
> So my question is should we create some Web API for managine those
> certificates/pkcs12 .. etc ?
> or something like expose nsIX509CertDB.idl to the web?
>
>
> Thanks
>
> [1]: http://support.google.com/android/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1649774
>

--
dev-tech-crypto mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-crypto
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Should we create a Web API for importing PKCS 12

Rajesh kareti gmail
Hello

Good Morning!

I have a question about the JSS library.

I am using JSSProvider for proving security to the javax crypto stuff. I want to enable the fips mode? can any one suggest me the best way?





On May 15, 2013, at 7:44 AM, Anders Rundgren <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2013-05-15 11:35, Yoshi Huang wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently on Firefox OS (B2G), there's no Web API could install PKCS 12.
>>
>> The use cases could be Wifi, VPN,... etc.
>> Some examples can be found on Android, see [1]
>>
>> Although I have found WebCrypto in the wiki and bugzilla,
>> but it seems it didn't support pkcs12, right?
>>
>> Also I found that NSS would use XUL to show some UI (i.e. password)
>> But XUL is definitely not a good opinion on Firefox OS.
>
> Firefox OS needs a completely revamped PKI-client, the existing
> PKI-client doesn't support BYOD, consumer-PKI or payments.
>
> The enrollment solution (keygen) is relic from 1995.
>
> Anders
>
>>
>> So my question is should we create some Web API for managine those
>> certificates/pkcs12 .. etc ?
>> or something like expose nsIX509CertDB.idl to the web?
>>
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> [1]: http://support.google.com/android/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1649774
>
> --
> dev-tech-crypto mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-crypto
--
dev-tech-crypto mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-crypto
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Should we create a Web API for importing PKCS 12

Rajesh kareti gmail
Hello,

I am willing to use SunPKCS11 provider. But we have a requirement to use
the Open Source FIPS compliance for doing Cryptography stuff.

Please suggest me any Open Source FIPS Compliance?

Thank you,
Rajesh Kareti.


On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 8:31 AM, helpcrypto helpcrypto <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Rajesh: I suggest you to avoid JSS, as is quite "abandoned".
> Consider using SunPKCS11 provider instead ;)
>
>
> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Rajesh kareti gmail <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Good Morning!
>>
>> I have a question about the JSS library.
>>
>> I am using JSSProvider for proving security to the javax crypto stuff. I
>> want to enable the fips mode? can any one suggest me the best way?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On May 15, 2013, at 7:44 AM, Anders Rundgren <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > On 2013-05-15 11:35, Yoshi Huang wrote:
>> >> Hi,
>> >>
>> >> Currently on Firefox OS (B2G), there's no Web API could install PKCS
>> 12.
>> >>
>> >> The use cases could be Wifi, VPN,... etc.
>> >> Some examples can be found on Android, see [1]
>> >>
>> >> Although I have found WebCrypto in the wiki and bugzilla,
>> >> but it seems it didn't support pkcs12, right?
>> >>
>> >> Also I found that NSS would use XUL to show some UI (i.e. password)
>> >> But XUL is definitely not a good opinion on Firefox OS.
>> >
>> > Firefox OS needs a completely revamped PKI-client, the existing
>> > PKI-client doesn't support BYOD, consumer-PKI or payments.
>> >
>> > The enrollment solution (keygen) is relic from 1995.
>> >
>> > Anders
>> >
>> >>
>> >> So my question is should we create some Web API for managine those
>> >> certificates/pkcs12 .. etc ?
>> >> or something like expose nsIX509CertDB.idl to the web?
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Thanks
>> >>
>> >> [1]:
>> http://support.google.com/android/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1649774
>> >
>> > --
>> > dev-tech-crypto mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-crypto
>> --
>> dev-tech-crypto mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-crypto
>>
>
>


--
*Thanks & Regards,*
*Rajesh Kareti*
*571-512-0105*
--
dev-tech-crypto mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-crypto
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Should we create a Web API for importing PKCS 12

Ramani_89
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by Yoshi Huang
I need to purchase a secure VPN service. Have done a lot of research online and found various services and all of them look useful so I am not able to pick anyone of them. Can anyone here suggest best Tech reviews site for finding unbiased reviews?
Loading...